Star contributor

Re: I am not coping at all

hi @Eden1717

ive been strugglign with weight and eating disorders before but ive come through those clouds and you can too.

i came to realise that despite not eating it wasnt helping me.

i found having small regular meals but making sure i do an hours exercise a day it was helping me loose weight and it made me feel better in general as well

hopefull this helps you

Star contributor

thanks i am trying but i just ate something and i am fighting the urge to throw it up. why is everything with food so difficult i cant take this. 

Star contributor

now that youve eaten try and do distractions  and do some self care activities

dont think about what you ate or how you feel just jum straight into doing something

maybe art? or reading a book? listening to music? just something to take your mind off- i have a coping strategies thread you should check it out even having a read of things that you can do can help you

@Eden1717

Mod

Hey @Eden1717, it sounds like you're struggling a bit with your eating, you must be feeling quite exhausted and frustrated. I think there have been some great suggestions put forward - have you tried a few? 

Also here is the coping strategies thread that @scared01 mentioned, maybe check out what others use and see if it works for you. Let us know how things go Smiley Happy

Star contributor

i have been trying lots of distractions but they arent working all i can think about is getting the food out i am even trying mindfulness but it is not helping. i want to cry i have ruined everything. 

Star contributor

Your not ruining anything @Eden1717
Just keep on distracting yourself maybe you could go to bed early. Just keep it all down your body needs it
Star contributor

i could try and go to bed early but i dont know. i really have ruined everything though i dont know what to do anymore. 

Star contributor

theres alwasy time to change @Eden1717

i hope you had a peaceful night and that you managed to keep it down.

have you thought about seeing a counsellor to help you by any chance?

Star contributor

i am seeing a psychologist but i only recently opened up about it to them.  i feel like i have ruined everything and i dont know if i can take this anymore the last few days i have been super depressed all i want to do is cry. i dont know why this is happening i think i really messed up this time. 

Star contributor

it takes alot of courage @Eden1717 to even start seeing a psychoigist and open up to them which is fantastic

you can do this! i believe you can!

its hard to get your head around why its happening but please make sure you keep eating even just small meals and keeping it down

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count