Builder

Miss my Dad

It's my Birthday today and I've just been thinking about how cool it would be if I could see my Dad again.  It's a long time and I know it can't happen but it's really getting to me now.  Sharing moments and days like this with everyone is amazing but there's always that one person that's missing.Smiley Sad

Mod Squad

Re: Miss my Dad

Hey @FootyFan26 happy birthday - how did it go? Smiley Happy

I don't know the back story with your Dad and yourself... You up for sharing or do you want to get to it later when you're feeling a little more comfortable?

thinking of you today Heart

Builder

It was just another day @Bree-RO, nothing much happened.

My Dad passed away when I was 5.
Mod Squad

@FootyFan26 that's a lot to take in for a little kid.. Thanks for sharing.

What sort of thoughts were you having yesterday? Birthday's have a lot of significance and can bring up a lot of stuff for some people huh.. It must be hard not being able to share it with him sometimes. We're here to listen Smiley Happy

Builder

@Bree-RO I just would of liked to be able to share it with him and know what he thinks about what I'm doing now. I'd like to have someone in my life I can just chill out with which i don't really have at the moment.
Builder

That's really rough @FootyFan26, you're a very strong person to grow up without him. 

This might be a bit personal, but are you spiritual at all? I know people find comfort in thinking someone they lost is looking down on them and kind of like, cheering them on from the sidelines. 

Either way, sending you love during this time. And happy birthday! 

Builder

@ivory thanks, and I'm not really too spiritual but I understand what you're saying.
Mod Squad

@FootyFan26 yes would be cool to have someone to share your experiences with, especially a parent..  Is there anyone in your life currently you look up to at all? Or is there anyone who makes you feel good to be around?

Builder

Yeah, one or two of my teachers but no one at home.
Uber contributor

Huge hugs @FootyFan26. I bet your dad would have been very proud of you for the person you've become. And happy birthday! Heart

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors