Builder

Re: Miss my Dad

Thanks. There's no way of really knowing though. Smiley Sad
Uber contributor

I'm sorry things are so tough @FootyFan26 Smiley Sad Have you got any photos of the two of you together that you could look at maybe?

Builder

No, not really. We don't have that many photos of him. I feel like I'm being kind of stupid. I should just get over it, I don't understand why I don't.
Uber contributor

It's not stupid at all @FootyFan26, it's completely understandable that you'd miss your dad, especially on days like your birthday that have extra significance. You don't need to just 'get over it,' it's okay to miss him and it shows what a caring person you must be to want to share these things with him. What could you do to take care of yourself today? Heart

Builder

It's been 12 years. I think that's a long enough time to get over it.

I don't know what to do today... well the rest of it anyway
Mod Squad

@FootyFan26 unsure if you feel this way, but I think relationships with loved ones that have passed away really do go on forever.. I think it's definitely understandable to miss him. Must be a lot of reminders. Have you ever heard of the organisation compassionate friends?

Uber contributor

Sometimes when I'm feeling low it's nice just to do something simple like watch a favourite show or pop on some nice music @FootyFan26, maybe something like that is an option for tonight (unless you have too much homework!! Smiley Tongue

I really don't think there's any set limit to how long it should take someone to grieve. It's okay to miss people who aren't around anymore. It's okay to feel these things Heart

Builder

@Bree-RO Yeah I have but it's not really my thing if you know what I mean. I didn't really get to build that much of a relationship that I could remember... 5 years isn't long.
Builder

@DruidChild sometimes I feel like it isn't, you are right though. It's just hard to believe when you're in a shit mindset I guess.

I don't really have any TV shows I'm into atm so that wouldn't work and music doesn't really do much either. And yeah I have a shit tonne of homework since it's the start of the holidays but I can't be bothered right now. I might try to watch the footy later unless I go into my 'isolation mode' and make it worse for myself which I'll try not to do.
Uber contributor

Footy sounds like a good plan for tonight @FootyFan26. Are any of the teams you support playing tonight? 

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors