Mod Squad

Re: Miss my Dad

Yes as with @DruidChild whose your favourite team @FootyFan26?

Builder

I go for the Cats @Bree-RO @DruidChild. I'm not sure if I want to watch footy anymore Smiley Tongue. I think I'm going into isolation mode again.

Who do you guys go for? Swans and Bulldogs on tonight btw
Mod Squad

@FootyFan26 I am mainly a fan of NFL (american) but if I have to pop on the AFL it'd be Bulldogs for sure! My little bros go for the Cats though Smiley Happy Do you play footy too? 

Builder

I do have a big ot a soft spot for the Bulldogs @Bree-RO. I can't play because I'm sick at the moment so i'm not sure if I'll be able to play at all this year. I really want to though, footy is what helps me cope with things and it stops me from isolating myself because I have to be there for my team.
Mod Squad

Oh I see! @FootyFan26 is there something else you can do with your team during the year off playing? Is running an option or some admin stuff to help 'em?

How are you feeling now?

Builder

@Bree-RO I'm not really able to help at all.   Running is the last thing I should be doing at the moment even though I want to.

If I stop distracting myself I feel worse.  I don't ever deal with what I'm feeling, I just distract myself from it.

Super star contributor

I don't have a team @FootyFan26 as I don't really follow football. If you ever need a distraction feel free to educate me Smiley Tongue

Super star contributor

Go the Cats though! Smiley Happy

Mod

Happy Birthday for the other day @FootyFan26. Distraction techniques can be great in the moment to help us to feel a bit better, what are some of the techniques you use?

Thanks @SmileMonkey.  I just try to keep myself busy and doing or watching stuff. I don't really consider music a distraction.  I just find that I can do all the distraction in the world but I'm not dealing with the problem so if I stop getting distracted from it or something comes up that reminds me of it again.  I doesn't really seem like something I can solve though.

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors