Builder

Re: Miss my Dad

@JanaG nope... I have about another week so I've had 2 weeks to do it and I haven't started for any of my subjects. I don't know... it's just not happening, I think late last night I really kinda convinced myself I should just not bother with it.
Mod

Seems like the homework is just too much at the moment @FootyFan26. Is there anything else in your life that you'd like to prioritise?

Builder

Homework is all I can think about @JanaG... I guess it's good that I'm not thinking about other stuff. I just feel really down atm.
Mod

Maybe the homework will be easier if we tackle feeling down first? What do you think?

Builder

Maybe @JanaG, but how do you fix feeling down when it's been happening for so long?
Builder

Nothing's working and now it's upsetting me even more.
Mod

How are you going at the moment @FootyFan26? Has there been anything in the past that has helped you whilst you were feeling down? How have you been going with your homework?

@SmileMonkey I still haven't started any of it and I'm really getting to the pointy end now. i don't have long left.

usually distraction works but last night it didn't.
Mod

[ Edited ]

I'm very sorry about your dad. There is not a limit on the grieving period, especially for a close relative! Has the feeling down lately been about him?

You mentioned that you've convinced yourself not to bother with the homework, @FootyFan26, I'm just wondering whether you'd like to reassess that? Maybe we can look at your rationale and work on that together to make the homework seem more worth doing?

Builder

@Birdeye some of them.  I want to reassess it but at the same time part of me doesn't want to.

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count