Star contributor

Re: Moving forward (sexual abuse)

thanks @Mona-RO i dont mind who reads the post and im really glad you responded.

i havent tried connecting to body, my whole body feels sick and i get really weird feeling around it, esp my stomach its not the best and it makes me feel dirty as well

i do have a psychologist but i havent gotten into this yet as im too scared, ive only had three session ad we are dealing with SH and SI as well as another ptsd event, socal phobia, health anxiety severe gad and sever depression as well as grief to throw in there as well

Mod Squad

@scared01 that's fair enough and completely understandable. You are just starting out in your journey of healing so it makes sense that connecting with your body right now does not work for you.

I am glad you're seeing a psychologist. Three meetings isn't a long time but I really hope you are able to establish rapport with them and when you feel a bit comfortable, share this with them. It's obviously having a massive impact on your wellbeing and working on processing what has happened is going to be a very important part of your healing journey.

In the meantime, try grounding exercises, try journaling (that way you don't have to share it with anyone you don't want to), know that you are taking the right steps and that there's no quick/overnight way to healing trauma. It's always a process and some days it's going to feel like you haven't made any progress but everyday that you reach out for help and show up for yourself (by trying your strategies and getting support), you 'are' making progress. 

It's getting pretty late right now. Can you do something soothing for yourself before going to bed tonight?

Star contributor

thanks @Mona-RO

i might try doing some of my art, or deep breathing then head to bed

Star contributor

im scared @Mona-RO

how can i be so scared of feelings (both physical and emotionally)  and emtions and thoughts

Mod

How are you doing today @scared01? Did you get some art done?
Star contributor

Not good @N1ghtW1ng

Ive already sh and called a hotline and may need to ring again.

Im so weak and worthless i don't have know how im going to eo this on my own
Mod

You don't have to do this alone @scared01, we're here to help you and so are helplines Smiley Happy
Star contributor

I cant do this. @N1ghtw1ing
I dont even feel alive Smiley Sad
I think im going to ring the suicide line
Mod

That's a good idea @scared01. I believe you can do this.
Star contributor

@N1ghtW1ng can i talk to you over email please

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors