Mod

Re: Moving forward (sexual abuse)

@scared01 first of all, its so brave of you to be able to talk about it like this. Just so you know, we're not expecting you to disclose anything which might make you uncomfortable. Also, none of this is your fault and it is definitely not okay that it happened to you, regardless of what the perpetrator says to you.

It must be pretty tough to talk about this, and like you mentioned it doesn't seem like something which you would want to tell most people, so it's amazingly brave that you talked about it here. Is this something you'd feel comfortable talking to your psychologist about as well?

Star contributor

yes its extremely tough @safari93

no i this is the first time ive disclosed it anywhere and no im not really comfortable telling my psych yet as i have to leave her and go to another one soon anyway

it scares the crap out of me thinking about what ive numbed out for a while now and that i could have gotten pregnant and then what

Mod Squad

@scared01 thanks for sharing your experience, like @safari93 said that's brave of you. As I mentioned yesterday, going into the details of past negative events is quite draining and triggering. The best place for that is in a safe setting (like one-on-one session with a psychologist). I hope you will be able to open up in your sessions and that will enable your psychologist to help you come up with strategies for dealing with these flashbacks. In the meantime, can you think of distracting strategies to help you with the rest of your evening?

Mod Squad

@scared01 sorry I had to edit your post a little bit. I was worried it might be triggering for you to (if you re-read it) and for other community members. I strongly encourage you to keep getting the right kind of support for the terrible ordeal that you had to go through.

Star contributor

not really @Mona-RO i had to let it out even if you were the only one to see it, it was literally busting from the seems and the more i pushed it down the more it rose back up.

i dont know what im doing but i really need to organise a gp appointment as ive just had a shower and noticed a lump that hasnt been there long so i think i need to geet that checked

Mod

@scared01 sorry I haven't been around much this weekend it sounds like you've had an incredibly tough weekend and you've done really well to get through it. Do you think you could organise the GP appointment tomorrow maybe? Have you got anything relaxing planned for the rest of the evening? Smiley Happy
Star contributor

no im just seriously freaking out like really bad i dont know what to do!

@Mona-RO@May_

Mod

@scared01 try not to worry about it too much tonight as there's not much that you can do about it right now unfortunately. In my experience most of the time lumps tend to be swollen lymph nodes which are not harmful. Do you think you could call your GP tomorrow?
Star contributor

i cant t im seriously freaking out @May_

i cant stop the worry

my gp is fully booked out tomorrow ive already checked i may need to go to another clinic caus eim seriously freaking

Mod

@scared01 could you try your grounding exercises? Is seeing someone else ok with you?

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors