Builder

Re: Mum

I'm not sure. At the moment I'm just working in step by step @Bree-RO
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

There are some things I cannot change @Bree-RO
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Mod

Step by step seems like a good start @j95. You're right, some of those things are beyond your ability to change. What are some of the ones you CAN change? 

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Mod

hmmm...as to the meds, I'm thinking, like @ivory that it might be an idea to stay on them for a while, just because going off them might create a bunch of extra complications that wouldn't be ideal at the moment. Totally up to you, of course, though! Smiley Happy

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Builder

Yeah but what I meant was things are always going to be stressful, it's my life it's the way my life is, constant issues @letitgo if I decide to leave it because I have things going on then I never will do it.
Mod

Oh, I see @j95 must have misunderstood that the first time - sorry! Smiley Happy

Builder

No that's ok @letitgo maybe things will never be ok for me, maybe that's just the way my life is supposed to be. Smiley Sad
Mod

I'm not so sure about that @j95. You mentioned that you can change some of the things on that list. What are they, and how might you go about addressing them?

Star contributor

@j95 while we can't change everything, we cannot control everything. We can make the most of of a situation, no matter how challenging and difficult it is. It's about taking baby steps, working on what you can.
Super star contributor

@j95 I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling right now, sounds really confronting having to deal with that news about your mum Smiley Sad I think taking things step by step is an awesome approach. Maybe somewhere in there you could include a bit of time to chill out and do something nice for yourself, even if it's just taking the dogs for a walk before bed.

Do you reckon that setting up that appointment with the psych might help you sort out some of the other stuff? Sometimes headspace centres also have other services, like financial advisors and things like that, if that could be helpful to you right now. 

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors