Builder

Re: Mum

I agree with @DruidChild, maybe seeing a psych would be a good idea, especially if you plan on going off meds - you shouldn't really do that unsupervised . thats why i also suggested waiting - you might be in a better position to see someone about it 

Builder

Sorry @ivory I didn't mean to be rude earlier ☹
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

it's okay @j95, you're under a lot of stress. I was mean to my partner earlier over nothing so trust me, i understand lashing out. no harm no foul Cat Wink

Builder

So looking back through this list there is a few things I am working towards changing
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

Really trying to distract myself but this stuff with mum is just Smiley Sad all my fault
Builder

Things in my gigantic list I am working towards changing:

- I'm trying to link back into seeing a psych by trying out different places, my first step is to try the activities that VAHS offers, and then if I feel ok maybe access their clinical services, or the healing centre which is linked to VAHS. I also have a referral to headspace which is also an option. Just need to pick.

- The Centrelink issue... Well I'm trying to do something about it even if they don't agree with me

- my brother is dependent on me, well I'm reinforcing those boundaries and maybe it clear what I can and can't do and when

- I'm dumb, well I might be but I checked the times my tutor at trade school is availible and might go back to seeing him

- I'm trying to find a mentor type figure in my life... I think the activities with VAHS may help. Also ages ago I mentioned I went to a local primary school and the office lady was an old carer of mine. I think I might see if I can find her on FB or something. Her and her husband only looked after me for a few months but they were so lovely and probably the only carers I had that actually liked me and at least tried to make me feel safe, even if I didn't realise any of that at the time. They might be good people to get back in touch with.
Star contributor

@j95 sounds like you're on the right track Smiley Happy. I hope it does work out. Hang in there, Though I would like I point out you're not dumb. A lot of students struggle with their studies and it's okay to ask for help,
Mod

That's great @j95! It is excellent that you can list out these goals and work towards them Smiley Happy

I'm angry because I want my mum and dad here
Builder

I want my dad back

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors