Builder

Need my mum

[ Edited ]

At the moment I need the love only a mother can give, and I can't have that. I just want a hug from her and for her to tell me she loves me. But she doesn't love me and it'll never happen. 

I just really need her right now. I need my Mum a lot, and I need that love that I'm never going to get, she is not ever going to love me and tell me that she is proud of me. 

I can't stop crying tonight. I have never had a warm hug from her, with that safe feeling. That's how I imagine it to be.

Builder

Re: Need my mum

@Bree-RO I made it
Mod Squad

@j95  I am so glad you opened this thread up.

Tell me, do you feel she didn't love you or do you feel she emotionally neglected you?

Do you need her love to be a strong, independent and resilient young guy? Wanting a hug from her must be a really heavy feeling... When you just can't get it. I know that one myself, but there are many hugs for you in this life Smiley Happy

Maybe your own kidlets one day, maybe many more from your little siblings.

Coping without the affection of a parent though can be quite an up and down process, @DruidChild had a great analogy today about life's pain being like the ocean. @DruidChild I believe your analogy works here too if you'd like to chime in Smiley Happy

I am logging off @j95  but I hope you continue this convo with the crew. It's very important.

Super star contributor

Hey @j95

How are you today? I'm sorry that right now your mum isn't there for you, even though you need her. It sounds really tough and painful. Hugs. I know that you're a really strong person but I understand that sometimes we don't want to be strong, we just want to be cared for and loved. I think that you're playing a really big part in making sure that your siblings always feel loved and know that you're proud of them - is that something positive that comes from your experiences? 

Yeah okay, so I had an analogy yesterday about how life is like an ocean. Sometimes it's calm and gentle and sometimes it's rough and stormy. The ocean is really powerful, and it can hurt people as well as heal us. But whatever the weather is like, it's always a beautiful and much needed force. I guess my point there is that life has its ups and downs but it's still always beautiful and worth living. Smiley Happy The best waves come from rough seas, right? 

I hope you're okay today. Sending many hugs. 

Builder

@Bree-RO I feel like it's both. She doesn't love me, never has and has made it pretty clear. And the emotional neglect has definitely happened too.
I know I don't need her love to do the things I want and be independent but it's tough when you feel like you can't get some love from your own parents.
Builder

Hey @DruidChild I'm ok. I guess you're right in saying that I do so much for my siblings because I know they aren't really going to get the love from my mum that they and I want so badly, so I want to make them feel loved and cared about, have that family connection.
Your analogy is really cool. Smiley Happy thanks
Builder

I'm just sad because why can't I have that like most people, I just want her support
Builder

[ Edited ]

This is so fucking stupid and  everyone else is probably saying the same thing and I'm pretty sure nobody cares because its so dumb. 

I'm a stupid baby who should stop wanting something thats impossible and grow up. my mum should of just aborted me when she had the chance. 

Mod

Hey @j95,

Just wanted to follow up on here. Is there anyone or anywhere else that you can think of that you might want to chat with about how you are feeling? What about a weighted stuffed animal that others have been talking about on here?

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Builder

[ Edited ]

no @stonepixie why cant i talk about it on here? i dont get it, everyone everywhere i says go to this person or go to this service Smiley Frustrated

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors