Builder

Re: Need my mum

[ Edited ]

@Sally-RONo, I just kicked the ball really hard into the fence a lot of times, probably pissed a lot of people off but oh well I'm less pissed off and frustrated now so...

still really feel like talking,and im not as angrynow 

//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Mod Squad

Good job! You know just reminded me a couple of months ago I agreed to do a PT session with a friend. One of the exercises was picking up a medicine ball with a squat to then lift it up and throw it down to the ground. I was extremely upset that day - and imagining that ball was someones head was ah-mazinggggggggggggg =)

Okay well what's on your mind that you want to say?

Builder

[ Edited ]

I've done that a few times - best feeling @Sally-RO

i just want to keep talking about all this stuff with my mum, i'm really sad and i want to be there for me

//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Mod Squad

Do you mind if I ask a question about the stuff with your mum?

Builder

ok @Sally-RO
Mod Squad

how come its specifically your mum you need/want to talk too out of everyone in your life? @j95

Builder

[ Edited ]

because she's never been there for me, and i guess i want that connection with her that i've never had @Sally-RO the loving relationships my friends and their parents have, im not saying thats only why I want this, but I don't have good memories with my mum, so i at least just want a hug from her, something I have never gotten, something that says im wanted and cared about, they've never showed that towards me. Mum has never given me a hug or tucked me into bed when I was kid, none of that stuff that makes kids feel good and safe. 

Mod Squad

Yes thanks for sharing that, sorry it's taken the whole night for you to get that off your chest.

When we dwell on the things we didn't/don't have, it becomes really easy to get into a low mood, get frustrated and cranky - I think this is what you've been going through tonight?

Can I ask a question on the flip side of this - how else in your life have found safety and feeling good?

Builder

yeah, you could be right maybe @Sally-RO

I've found safety through... I actually don't know, theres my siblings but thats not really safety, its feeling good though. I really don't know how to answer that Smiley Sad
Mod Squad

sorry my questions sometimes don't do a good job of keeping the convo flowing easily.

But I'm glad you've identified something that makes you feel good with your siblings. Siblings are equally the strongest connection to us other than our parents don't you think? Sharing that part of our DNA with them and all?

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors