Mod

Re: Need my mum

sorry you were struggling at trade school today @j95. Were you able to do something fun, like surfing? I think that was a good plan! 

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Builder

@letitgo well right after I posted that I had to do a presentation in front of the class and my teacher said I aced it and the feedback from everyone else was good. I just went and saw my siblings after.
Builder

Ok I'm not sure if anyone will remember but I'll say it anyway, do you remember how at the start of the year I was cleaning up my room and I found all that stuff in my cupboard that upset me a lot and it really hurt? Well right now, tonight, I got it all down and I can't stop crying
Mod Squad

Hey @j95, I'm not sure about what happened at the start of the year but it sounds like looking at that stuff tonight has brought up a lot of emotion for you Smiley Sad

It's ok to cry. Do you want to chat about what you're feeling?

- Hayley R/O

Builder

@TOM-RO I fell asleep on my bed cryingholding onto one of those things and woke up crying, why did I do this
Builder

So what happened was earlier this year I was doing a big clean of my room and I found a couple of things I wish I hadn't, like a calendar Mum bought me and the only birthday card my dad ever gave me. And it just bought up a lot of stuff for me because my mum never bought me anything, ever, but one day she found it in her heart to actually make this customised calander for me, and I threw it in the top of my cupboard not giving a shit. Then I found it and it was like omg, for once in my life my mum showed she cared and I didn't take any notice. And the birthday card, oh fuck, that just hurts.
And I fell asleep crying holding onto that birthday card last night and I woke up exactly the same.
Mod Squad

@j95 hey mate I think it's good that you let some of those tears out, even though I am sure it's quite painful. Do you think it could be a rad idea to put those things away in a special safe place just for today?

I feel like today really is the day for some j95time. Is the ocean a possibiltiy today? Might be a nice safe place to sit and think about your parents - let me know your thoughts.

Builder

Yeah I think I agree @Bree-RO the surf is fairly flat like 1-1.5 or 2ft so it'll be nice to just go past the break and sit out there for a bit. I might just go by myself. It's so far away though I wish I lived at the beach.
Mod Squad

@j95  podcast the drive? Take the puppers too! Smiley Happy

Builder

What do you mean haha, like listen to a podcast? That's a good idea. If I can find a quiet beach I'll take the dogs but not sure about Juc/Torquay, I'll have to check it out on SwellNet before I go @Bree-RO

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors