Mod Squad

Re: Need my mum

Yeah I find podcasts super helpful with long drives Smiley Happy Keeps the brain awake/learn stuff etc @j95 sounds good!

Builder

I'll check it out, any recommendations? @Bree-RO I'm keen to get out there now.
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Mod Squad

Yes @j95

Limetown was very addictive.

Richard Fidler's podcast "Conversations".

There's a couple of true crimes ones too Smiley Happy Obviously Serial.

Builder

Sweet I'll check them out thanks @Bree-RO
//caught in fire, watch me burn gonna live my life, mark these words cause I'm home//
Builder

Had a really nice couple of hours in the water @Bree-RO

Got to have a pretty big think about things, came up with some interesting stuff in my head. All these people were like mate you aren't going to catch any waves if you go any further and I was like haha I know.

Caught a few on onshore waves when I decided to come back in, although the beach was full of beginners because it was perfect for them. 

Also learnt that there is a hole in my wetsuit and I saw a funny dog running all the way down the beach chasing birds that were way too high up on the sky for them to reach, ever. 

Builder

but i dont want to go home and im getting super anxious thinking about it so im sitting in a shopping centre thats about to close 

Mod

[ Edited ]

Hey @j95, from this thread it sounds like you've been through some really intense emotions these past few days, so it's nice to hear that you had a fun few hours today.

Let me know if I'm not quite getting it, since I've kind of come in after a lot has happened, but are you feeling anxious about all of the memories and feelings you'll have about your parents once you get home?

Also what kind of interesting things did you think about? I often find I start becoming super philosophical when I'm out in nature generally

Builder

Yeah, all that stuff I had earlier is still sitting out, the card and the calander, and I know it's just going to upset me when I see it again.
And when I was in the water I was thinking a lot about my siblings, and also a bit about how I've challenged, I guess, different stereotypes, norms and also patterns in my family. Among heaps of other stuff I thought about while I'll probably share some time @safari93
Mod

Those thoughts would be really interesting to share, whenever you're ready to @j95

Is there anything at home that could help you cope with them? Maybe the dogs, or you could work your way up to putting that stuff away. Maybe take the scenic route home, if that helps.

Builder

I was also thinking about a lot of business stuff.
I'm fairly close to home already I just stopped before I got there @safari93 I think I'll get my dogs, and then I'll put the things away and they can keep me company while I do that.

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors