Super frequent scribe

Nervous as Easter is coming up :'(

Well for the past week been feeling venerable to melt downs (as I am ASD) as well as waking up in tears due to Easter coming up as it is my neighbor is already starting (he has boundary and controlling issues due to ASD and I am the opposite  :'(  as well vunerable due to the fact no informal supports or family :'(

Emailed my support network

I am just wondering what kind of supports there are as kind of feeling really nervous with Easter coming up

My Mental health nurse bought up I needed more support over this period due to Duty of Care due to risk  in the case conference but Case manager wasn't willing to listen and having case manager suggesting I might be better off in a group home as these supports do not exist last time I met with her and told her this was bought up by Nurse. I have tried to reach out but not really good talking about this

Case manager's response was they dont offer respite or social support over holidays. So no support

My response May I ask why this wasn't looked into when mh NURSE brought it up during the last case conference 30 January?

case manager I am sorry   but I am unable to answer that question.
Sometimes these things are not just as easy as asking for them and or giving you that information immediately. We need to check with service co’s and availability ect of care workers.As I said these services are not offered during public holidays.

Unfortunately because on my neighbor verbally abusive I ended up in hospital for observation for a few hours over the Christmas break due to over dose hence why my nurse bought it up as Duty of care as I cant garenty my own safety during these times due to my melt downs due to ASD and Bipolar :'(

I would have thought my case manager would have had to act due to duty of care as well as safety

Mod

Re: Nervous as Easter is coming up :'(

Hey @sjaeger172004. Easter/holidays can be quite a tough time, right?

I think it's great that you've identified this and have tried to get support from your case manager etc. and I'm sorry to hear that their responses weren't very helpful.

What are some steps that you could make to take care of yourself during this time, do you reckon?

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Community Manager

Hi @sjaeger172004

You've made some great steps by naming your concerns and expressing what you need prior to the holiday. Well done. That shows a great deal of insight and understanding of yourself and your needs.

It is often true that services are stretched to their limits over holidays like Easter and Christmas. It's a difficult period for a lot of people and can be very triggering. At the same time, it's when a lot of staff tend to take time off and services have reduced hours. 

One option that can be effective is, as @letitgo suggested, is to write down the steps you usually take to care for yourself and make a plan to do ALL of them in that period. The things that usually help are going to be the same things that will help now, it just might take more of them or a higher rotation. Does that make sense?

Super frequent scribe

Unfortunately I cant see or feel when I loose control when I melt down :'(

My family abuses me over the phone or by not seeing me even thou I tried to repair the relationship for the 10+ years Smiley Sad

Abusive and controlling neighbor who knows how to set me off intensively or unintensively.

No communication since last year from psychologist no idea if he is still in my support network and no plan or recommendations from him on whom to see.

I have no control over these unfortunately and gotten a lot worse over the years :'(

I have tried thought challenging but always have left me in a worse spot then I was in before tried CBT :'(

Community Manager

If you haven't had contact with your psychologist since last year @sjaeger172004 have you considered either contacting that one to start accessing their support or looking for a new one.

You don't need to manage this alone. You can start building a support network now since you've identified you don't have one. You've clearly got some really difficult things to deal with in your life. You need support to help deal with them. 

It also sounds like maybe contact with your family during difficult times is not helpful for you. Is that true?

Would it be helpful for you to cease contact with them until you start to feel a bit stronger?

Super frequent scribe

Been trying to contact Psychologist via email with no reply I know he has been getting them due to read reply from Outlook.
Mod

It's good that you've been trying to contact them @sjaeger172004. What do you reckon about trying to find a new/different psychologist?

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Super frequent scribe

Problem is no one can recommend a psychologist or psychiatrist that bulk bills that deals with ASD :'(

Still np response from the old psychologist looks likr he is no longer interested in me as I asked what was happening regarding my care under him not even to tell me to find someone else :'(
Mod

[ Edited ]

Hi @sjaeger172004, it must be difficult not hearing back from your old psychologist Smiley Sad

I was wondering if you've been to this site which might help in finding a psychologist who deals with ASD? http://www.believeinchange.com/Home/Become-the-Change/Find-A-Psychologist

When you click on a psychologist's profile, it also says if he/she is a 'Medicare psychologist provider' at the top right. Also, for Medicare, the referral has to come from a GP/psychiatrist/paediatrician

Super star contributor

How have you been doing over the Easter break @sjaeger172004? Feeling for you. Holidays can be so overwhelming...I was wondering if Aspect would have any services that could help you in the future? https://www.autismspectrum.org.au

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors