Star contributor

Re: Tired of being angry and hurt

@SmileMonkey writing does help, I think I've been afraid to express myself, because if I put words to this it'll feel more real. I don't want it to be real.
Mod

It can be hard, especially when writing it makes things feel more real. Would writing about it in the third person help you to distance yourself from the issue?

You have to let your emotions out. It's like putting a pot full of tomatoe sauce over heat, after so long over the fire it'll start bubbling then it'll explode. Try doing something that'll make you tired, go to gym and work out, go running with your favorite music, paint, write, scream, find something that'll draw out your emotions and let them go. If you keep trying to hold them down.... You'll stop talking to everyone around you, just like I did, you'll lose everyone that you call friend, you'll push people away who are trying to bring down your walls. We are here for you, I am here for you. You are not alone.
Star contributor

@SmileMonkey I could try writing in third person.

@Jack RIP my form of expression currently is brisk walking, because I find it easier than spilling out the words. I don't know if it's just me pressurising myself for feeling like this, and having to keep it in. I can't help but wonder what if other people would want me to keep it in because they don't know what to say or do? I feel like I have to do this alone, I don't know if I'm okay with that, I just have to be okay with it. Maybe I'll try to other ways to express myself apart from exercising like writing or drawing.
Mod

@Creativegirl12 I think it's great that you're exploring these different ways of expressing yourself. How/when do you think you might start using them? Smiley Happy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Star contributor

@letigo I have anidea for a poem, where I just touch upon it without saying what happened. And I've been trying to keep up my regular exercise routine.
Mod

That's great @Creativegirl12, poetry is a great way to express how we are feeling. It is great that you are looking at the more creative ways to write down how you are feeling Smiley Happy

@SmileMonkey I'm feeling pretty stuck on the poem, oh well, maybe it'll eventually come to me. Maybe one day I'll stop feeling so damn guilty and ashamed over what I had no control over.
Mod Squad

It might be a good idea to try some other distraction activities while you're experiencing writer's block @Creativegirl12 - sometimes we need a break from trying to process our 'stuff' so that we can re-energise and be open to inspiration when it arises. How might you be able to take care of yourself in a different way today?

Gen / RO

Star contributor

@TOM-RO I'm not feeling as overwhelmed anymore, I don't feel great, but not the worst. Just been trying to occupy myself by simple things like relaxation, watching TV, spending time with family etc. I talked through how I felt with a friend, it was a lot easier to open than I initially assumed.

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count