Super star contributor

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

Negative: Spent way too much time on the computer today.
Positive: At least some of it was productive.
Builder

Negative: feeling a bit invisible. Thinking that I've done something to offend people?
Positive: I know this is just a feeling and that I'm over reacting a bit, it will pass!

Negative: I feel as though just because I didn't actually break anything and because I stopped using the sling that people think my arm doesn't hurt anymore and think I still have full strength in my arm, and I don't.. I kind of wish it did break...
Positive: This is irrational thinking! And I'm glad it didn't break because that would have meant a cast, which I would have had to wear for much longer and would be just as annoying if not more than this pressure bandage.

Negative: I think my desk is a negative connotation in my mind, everytime I sit to do work I end up crying, mostly for no reason. But I can't really change my room around and not sure how to change my desk into something positive.... or my room for that fact
Positive: There is an article about revamping your room in the dolly mag, I'll have a read and see if it will help Smiley Happy

Negative: Procastination has gotten the better of me right now :/
Positive: I can take it as a quick break and a warning that I need to get up and refuel to focus...?

Negative: I keep thinking an over analyzing what my career adviser was saying last week... Maybe I'm not putting enough effort into my studies? Maybe I just as slack as the rest of my year group?
Positive: I know that I am doing my best, and at the end of the day that should be enough. I know that beating myself up over her criticism isn't going to help me and that I need to stop taking what people say to heart, I will end up doing what I want after school! And I know that if I don't get a high enough mark to get into the course I decide on I can always do some pathway courses at TAFE Smiley Happy

~~ ☆ Be yourself ; Everyone else is already taken ♡ ~~
Mod

Negative: I'm feeling really anxious about my first psychiatrist appt tomorrow. What if it doesn't go as well as I hope?

Positive: This anxiety is just a feeling and it will pass. I'm catastrophizing - nothing horrible is going to happen that I can't get over. Even if it doesn't go as well as I'd hoped, or I don't feel comfortable with her, there's other psych's out there that my GP can refer me to.

Negative: That horrible feeling of emptiness has returned now that I'm back home

Positive: I had a great time up in Queensland. I just need to remember those brighter times and use them as motivation. I'll be back there sometime in the not-so-distant future - just because I don't have a definite date doesn't mean I'll never go back & will be stuck here forever.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Builder

Negative: feeling overwhelmed by a lot of thigns regaurding school work right now. There seems to be so much I've got piled up and I just don't have the motivation to get through it
Positive: I'm going to try what my school counsellor suggested, and if it doesn't work I can go and ask her how else to get through it. I am going to mention this in the email I've been asked to write to my KHL counsellor

Negative: I'm currently feeling really unsure about myself and lost in life. An overwhelming amount of self doubt plagues my mind and I can't seem to shake it out...
Positive: I have recognised the self-doubt, and can possibly work toward riding it?

Negative: I had 2 study lessons today (one because my math class had no cover) and I've had time after school to finish some of this work I need to do, and have gotten nowhere Smiley Sad feeling drowned by work and not know where exactly to start, feeling really overwhelmed... and I have no motivation to do the work!
Positive: I was told to pick one task and do that, not thinking about the other work and complete it, so I'm going to try that...

Negative: I have worries about not being able to get this early work done, if I can't get through these first couple weeks how am I supposed to get through the whole HSC year and get the mark I'm expected to get and kind of want to achieve? I'm so confused, lost, unsure, and full of self doubt Smiley Sad
Positive: I AM GOING to mention this in the email to my KHL counsellor when I write and send it...

Mod

Negative: I was really anxious about both of my appointments this morning

Positive: I got through both of them without having major panic attacks! Even though the first one wasn't great, I still managed to go in and sit through it, answering the questions.

Negative: I'm anxious about having to go to school tomorrow

Positive: I've put in place things to help me get through it, and even if it doesn't go great I can vent to my psych about it during my appt tomorrow evening.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Builder

Negative: Missed my early class, and was especially bumbed when I saw my teachers' car was there!

Positive: He's BACK! I walked in half way through, but he was happy that I came at least Smiley Happy

Negative: I feel bad for not going because T ended up being a loner in the class

Positive: I didn't go at 8 as it would have stressed me out too much! I was looking after myself, and nor T or the teacher were too fussed that I walked in so late...

Negative: I'm not copping too well at the moment. Another crappy day and not feeling like going tomorrow

Positive: I've fighting through. I'm trying to remind myself to be positive! I have my meeting with my mentor tomorrow Smiley Happy

Negative: I could have quiet easily skipped out on science today, was soo tired at lunch!

Positive: I'm glad I went I got 70drops of water onto a 5cent piece before it flooded, first attempt too! haha Smiley Happy

Negative: My arm is still sore and even though it's been 5 days I feel like I need to keep wearing the pressure bandage... and I'm getting a bit of a rash from it.. pain + rash, oo fun -.-

Positive: I have this creame that I was given awhile ago for a rash in teh same place, maybe I could use that if it's okay? Or I could use an anti histamiene we have at home? I'll as mum when I decide to let myself break free from my room

Negative: I feel so swamped by everything and it's only week 2 of term! Of year 12! I wonder how I'm going to get through...

Positive: I can talk to my mentor tomorrow. I think we had planned on starting a study timetable anyway Smiley Happy

Negative: What if I close off with her like I do with KHL? What if she thinks I'm a complete nut and decides not to work with me anymore because her other mentee doesn't need as much help and guidance...?

Positive: This is irrational thinking! If I close off I close off. I know she won't drop me as a mentee, she was so excited when I asked her! And I doubt she'd think any less of me just because I might need a bit more help then her other mentee. *I need to stop comparing myself to others!*

Negative: I heard from a younger student yesterday that a couple people who I kind of trusted and liked hanging out with occasionally had been talking abuot me and saying a couple different things I didn't like. I'm feeling a bit betrayed and confused, and alos more lost. But I'm ashamed to ask anyone for advice, and it's probably a stupid thing to get upset over anyway..?

Positive: I'm allowed to feel hurt! I'm allowed to tread with caution around them, I don't have to put up with this crap!

Negative: I now feel as though I cannot trust anyone and fear getting close to people again will only result in more hurt, I mean look what happened with my friends from primary school, then the ones I made in yr7 that became close in yr8/9?? I mean if everyone I ever meet is only hurting me what does it mean? That I'm not good enough for anyone? That I should just give up on having friends?

Positive: I deserve to have friends who will support me and build me up, not make me feel bad resulting me isolating myself! The year 7 and 9ers I hang with currently again treat me with more respect! I know that just because these people have hurt me doesn't mean that I don't deserve someone, it just means it has taken me a while to see how detremental they can be to my health? I know that just because I'm feleing like I can't trust anyone right now, it doesn't literally mean it. There is people I trust, I just have let myself believe it is okay to speak out to them! And if that fails I know I can always turn back to KHL and eheadspace!

Negative: I'm not copping too well, and fearing the furture right now. I've got a seminar on Friday on building resilience and about mental health (I think) and I'm kind of dreading it... I just hope it doesn't trigger anything... My year advisers aren't necessarily the first people I would turn to!

Positive: I will be fine! it's only a couple of hours, I should be fine! I will go in with an open mind, who knows it might help me yet!

Negative: I tend to use this exercise quiet a lot, and write quiet a lot, sometimes I feel I'm going a bit overboard...

Positive: At least I'm finding the positives! Smiley Happy

Super star contributor

Negative: Had to leave my lecture again this week because I had a panic attack.
Positive: I stayed longer than I did last week! Smiley Happy
Builder

Negative: Had my first meating with my teaher mentor today and while it was great I did find a little bit of it very invassive! I felt uncomfortable when we were filling out the survey and when seh was asking me questions and when I had to speak... I always felt so stupid answering some of the questions and with some of the things that happened... ugh
Positive: She is there to help! I know I can trust her and know that she will listen, I've just got to build myself up around her!

Negative: I wasn't able to stick to the study timetable we made up today, ugh.. why can't I say no to anything, why can't I put myself first?
Positive: I did need the break, and I can always start a fresh tomorrow!

Negative: When I told mum about doing yoga again but through the place my mentor toldme about she didn't seem to impressed, I felt as though she was judging me because I wanted to do yoga, why am I so ashamed? She wont even let me try it out once a month... Instead I get told to do this and try that... but it's not the same! Smiley Sad
Positive: I can understand her pointof view, it just annoys me that I can never seem to do anything that will better my health!

Negative: I got my year 11 final exam back for PDH, and I did a little bit worse than my half yearly's Smiley Sad I paniced and ended up really depressed... With a million thoughts running through my head I was amazed I was able to hold it together to stay in class
Positive: I stayed in class! I stuck the hour out and sucked it up

Negative: I've come to realize that PDH is only dragging my mental health down, and no one I've talked to seems to support my want to change out of PDH and into something else... my friends think it's stupid, my mum want me to stay in the subject and same with a peers mum who is my mums' friend.. They don't see that I can't so it and it's only dragging everything down, even with doing the bare minimum I'm so down...
Positive: I'm going to see about seeing the deputys and seeing if it's possible...

Negative: I'm feeling a lot of pressure right now and I can't handle it! It's too much and I am already feeling so fragile...
Positive: I need to communicate this to someone who can help me!

Post Mod

Negative: Had a horrible client yell at me on the phone and I let her get to me which made me angry at her and at myself for letting her affect me like that Smiley Sad 

Positive: I am proud I didnt lose control of my anger and tried my best to be nice even though I was shaking with anger and talking it out and expressing my anger with family, FB friends has made me feel better Smiley Happy

Negative: Woke up this morning still in the horrid mood from the day before. Feeling really agitated and angry!
Positve: Despite my low mood and intense feelings of anger I'm fighting through it. I've managed to get a fair bit of work done today to and stuck to my study timetable fairly well, which is better than yesterday's efforts

Negative: I'm having a great deal of trouble figuring out why I'm so angry.
Positive: I'm going to do a bit of journalling then head off to bed.

Negative: I wanted to be in bed at 10.30 :/
Positive: I'll just do this ournalling then bed... It was an aim, I'll get there!

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors