Youth Ambassador

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

Neg: I can't attend my friend's graduation ceremony tomorrow. Smiley Sad

Pos: I'm making her a graduation present and I'll get to see her on Sunday. Smiley Happy 

Builder

Negative: woke up and turned my alarm off and went back to sleep... therefore I didn't wake again until 8something, completely missed my early morning class!

Positive: My class was cancelled

Negative: I had PDH second and when sirt said he'd kill the mood by handing out our assessments I got nervous cause I didn't want mine back - in fear of a bad mark...

Positive: PDH actually was good for me today, not only did I get a good assessment result and prise from my teacher, it gave me time to breathe and be by myself

Negative: I've felt like crap all day

Positive: I didn't try to deny it and tried to see the counsellor and made an appointment

Negative: She wasn't there when I told her I wanted to see her, she'd left school -_-

Positive: I copped through that period ok, and put a note under her door incase she came back

Negative: She didn't come back to school, so now the other lady will see and read it... :/

Positive: I guess then she'll chase me and I wont have to try and keep failing to see someone....

~~ ☆ Be yourself ; Everyone else is already taken ♡ ~~
Youth Ambassador

[ Edited ]

Negative: I was super nervous about quitting my job today.
Positive: I quit my job! Yay! And I was able to recognise the nervous feeling, acknowledge it and not let it affect me too badly. (Huge improvement on last week!)

Super star contributor

No problem Bee! I thought you'd be happy to see this thread again Smiley Happy

Negative: Got tied up talking to a friend yesterday and skipped my lecture.
Positive: We had a really good conversation and I was able to get the main points from the lecture off my cousin.
Builder

@DelicateDreamer; Because I always posted in the last one everydya almost? Smiley Tongue

Negative: I've ended up feeling rather down tonight, and I'm not quiet sure why
Positive: I'm going to tak time out and do something relaxing
Negative: I think I may have tried to over work my mind with tidying my desk and organising my folder... must remember to tackle things in smaller chunks
POsitive: I'm getting there... Even if it does take me all day to do simple tasks, getting it done and feeling mentally stable is better than getting it done quickly and being mentally exhausted and unstable
Negative: I feel like I've got a tonne of things running through my mind and I just don't know where to start to tackle them... or even how to cope with them...
Positive: I'm going to bring this up with eheadspace tomorrow night
Negative: I have a feeling they wanted me to do/read over/try something before tomorrow nights' chat....
Positive: It'll be fine

Negative: There has been a lot of fighting around home recently and mum is starting to say she cann't cope with anything... it scares me....
Positive: She is trying her best... I can ignore dad's bad attitude

Casual scribe

negative: I have two assignments that need to be done and I have only bearly started one and not even touched the other..i am so stressed and uptight at the moment

positive: im going to finish them by the end of this week and i am going to be more relaxed and take more time to care for myself

Super star contributor

@Bee: Maybe... Smiley Happy You're definitely very good at using this thread! Smiley Very Happy

Negative: Wish I had got more study done today.
Positive: I did manage to get some done Smiley Happy
Builder

@DelicateDreamer; Smiley Happy Yes I am, aren't I? In all seriousness it actually helps, because I let it out and I don't keep ruminating on the negative... (most times)

Negative: Didn't cope too well through today....
Positive: There was a couple good bits
Negative: After another blow up with J, I honestly felt like just going home and crying
Positive: I hung out with B again, we both felt the same way and had the same questions, we are more alike than I fIrst thought Smiley Happy
Negative: According to J the blow up was my fault
Positive: I spoke it out with B and hung out on our wall Smiley Happy

Negative: I wasn't copping too well a bit into drama, I was ready to walk out of the classroom.... We had no teacher, which is what caused me to feel that way in the first place...
Positive: There was a knock on the door and a note for me... I got to leave the room
Negative: It was the school counsellor that wanted me...
Positive: I got a little of my chest...
Negative: I froze, I couldn't think and went completely blank... she has a really odd way of doing things...
Positive: She gave me some links to look up and She said she'd write me down to see Mrs K on friday... So all is not hopeless....
Negative: I lost it as I reached the school gates
Positive: I was greeted with a hug from a friend than from another... and I got time to myself with walking home.... walking home also brought a friendly chat to my neighbour too, which calmed me right down and brought me back to current time

Mod

Negative: I feel like I haven't been doing enough study

Positive: I've been doing as much study as I feel I can cope with - anything is better than nothing.

Negative: Had an awkward moment in a conversation with someone today

Positive: I stayed in the situation instead of running away and tried to keep the conversation going anyway.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.
Star contributor

Neg: I'm procrastinating over this stupid speech. I can't even write 1 crap sentence!! Smiley SadSmiley Sad Smiley Sad

Pos: I know it's coz I don't know where to start...

Neg: I look at it and cry...

pos: I've asked for help....

Neg: she can't help me unless I do something for myself!! I've only written a crap plan....

Pos: That's better than nothing.....

Neg: I don't want to do this!!!

pos: its my LAST assessment!! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors