Builder

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

Negative: Feeling rather down and unmotivated and I don't know why
Positive: I'm looking after myself, a lit candle and soft music and RO
Negative: I thought that this mornings actions would make it easier for me to study this afternoon - shopping and printing off photos and framing two and putting the rest in my scrapbook ready to bo done latter, but it hasn't
Positive: I had fun this morning.

Negative: I don't know what's causing my tears and downness right now, I can even sing or read over my English notes to write a simple speech without crying...
Positive: ??

Negative: I'm feeling as though I wont be able to get any work done this weekend, which will put me on a badside with a couple teachers and make me more axious, down, stressed with having to try and catch it up during the week
Positive: I've got to look after myself, I can talk to a couple different teachers who I can approach and see what's the best option...

Negative: I can't stop crying, feeling as though someone has ripped my heart out of my chest!
Positive: I have feelings! I'm not completely numb today! (is this even a positive?)

Negative: Self doubt is back with force, and this exercise has now turned unseccsessful
Positive: I've tried

~~ ☆ Be yourself ; Everyone else is already taken ♡ ~~
Super star contributor

[ Edited ]

Negative: The database I need to use to find research for my assignment is going to be down for the rest of the day, so I can't do any more work on it.
Positive: I can use this time to work another assignment that I do have access to resources for.

Builder

negative: feeling as though I have wasted time as I've got no work done
Positive: I tired, I've got to look after myself!

Negative: My mum wants me to go to early morning tomorrow, but my teacher said I can be late (come at usual time - 9 instead of comming to the 8am class as I've already done my first aid course)
Positive: It's my choice - see how I feel tomorrow morning

Negative: Feeling as though I've left my English assessment til last minute
Positive, I know what I have to do, now just to find the motivation!

Star contributor

[ Edited ]

Neg: Still feeling like crap.

Pos: My kidneys have calmed down.... Smiley Happy

Neg: It's very interesting when test results say everything is fine, yet your body knows something's wrong.

Pos: Back to the Drs I go!

Neg: I don't want to have to wait 4 months for everything to go to hell and I end up in hospital again because the Drs didn't want to perform the operation. Come on! I'm lucky to have made it this far without it malfunctioning on me! Smiley Sad

Pos: ?????

Neg: What if my Dr says I have to go back to school? I still feel like crap!!! Smiley Sad

Pos: I'll let him know that....  

Neg: Why doesn't it malfunction at once instead of drip, drip, drip then 4 months later: CRASH??? 

Pos: At least I have warning....  

Builder

Negative: feeling angry but upset, run down and no energy but wanted to just go on a killing spree (not literally), oh I'm so confused with everything!
Positive: ?

Negative: Feeling as though no one really cares. I say my aunt passed away I get a better response from people online and the school counsellor (until she finds out she knew her too) than any of my friends or one teacher that I thought would cut me some slack... but no, not a chance....
Positive: I know who I can trust, some thoughts were correct. I guess that maybe I'm over thinking some stuff

Negative: The school counsellor said that it was normal to grive and get no work done, she almost completely changed when she realised she knew the lady... oh I know her, I've known her for ages since she worked at ...., but you still have some fond memories of her... and then she goes on to say well she had all these health problems, NO she was fine, she had health issues but she had them ALL UNDER CONTROL, she was seeing her doctor regularly and had them all under control, she was going good for her age and circumstances, why doesn't no one believe me????
Positive: I tried to take only the positive of what she said and then continued to then find the yr9'ers...

Negative: Feeling so alone and isolated. Feeling as though I would be better off dead. Feeling as though I'm nothing to this world or anyone in it!
Positive: I know this is an over reaction of thoughts, I feel and think them but realistically are they true? I would like to say striaght out NO they are false, but my mind wants me to thik otherwise.

Negative: I want to cry but I want to punch something, why can't I just be happy for once?
Positive: I'm getting there, happy is something that has to worked on, NO wait happy is cliched, I want to feel good I want to be able to cope and smile regularly and finish a day saying, well that went well Smiley Happy instead of saying well this was shit...

Youth Ambassador

Negative: I haven't been eating well lately - comfort eating.

Positive: I am currently eating frozen berries maybe this will help kick myself into gear and make myself eat healthier from now on! I have also been walking a lot lately which is good. Smiley Happy

Star contributor

Neg: Catheter,

if you are going to malfunction on me, would you please go ahead and get on with it????? I don't know whether I'm better or worse!!! 

Pos: I haven't got worse yet???

Builder

Negative: I'm feeling so angry, so irritated by everyone. I don't even feel like being nice. I hate this, it makes me feel bad when I can't be nice to people :/
Positive: I'm trying my hardest to stay polite to people. I'm trying my hardest to keep it together.

Negative; It's not seeming possible. I don't want to keep this secret anymore. It's hurting me too much. But it's too hard to addmit. I'm so lost and confused!
Positive: I'm going to (try) write a note and if see if I can give it to someone I trust.

Negative: I had this reoccuring thought as I walked out of one of my classes today. It scared me. I was ready to cry and felt as though I was going to callapose on the ground in a crying fit yelling and screaming...
Positive: I held myself. I fought the battle with myself and battled on to get help with these questions I haven't been able to do in Science.

Negative: I feel so insecure and fragile. A comment my drama teacher made spun me in two different directions. One I was glad he mentioned it, another I was ashamed....
Positive: He meant it in a good way. earlier this year I was put focus of attention and had to lead the group in this exercise, I ran out of the room crying, and now I've performed my monologue infront of the class....
Positive: I can see the improvement, though I'm still that shy scared insecure girl who ran out of the classroom!

Builder

Negative: My alarm didn't go off this morning (again)
Positive: I wasn't late, my dad woke me up around 8.30 and my first class wasn't until 10 Smiley Happy

Negative: My mood jumps up and down a lot during one day! And I hate to say it, but I go down easier when I'm with certain people, but I'm finding it hard to completely pull myself away from them...
Positive: I've figured this out. I can work myself to try and figure out whether it's because their behaviour or mood or whether it's just me and my own insecurities

Mod

Negative: I sent her an email, and now I'm obsessing over it.

Postivie: I did what she asked me to do, which is good. I'm also realizing that stressing out over it isn't going to change anything. Distraction is key Smiley Happy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors