Builder

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

Negative: The net is running so slow and it's really annoying me

Positive: At least it's still working

Negative: I'm stuck on the conclusion for my English speech, mum wont help me... and I feel like just giving up on it

Positive: I'm almost done. I'm going to email my teacher and hope she replies by tomorrow night, otherwise I'll just try my best or see if she can help Friday morning.

Negative: I'm starting to wonder why I even bother at times. Everything is just so bleh! Over it all

Positive: This is negative talk, I am better than this. I can cope through this!

~~ ☆ Be yourself ; Everyone else is already taken ♡ ~~
Builder

Negative: Got to TAFE to find out playgroup was cancelled therefore meaning we all had to do theory, and I didn't bring my folder because I was on prac
Positive: We were given alternitive work and watched a dvd

Negative: I was promised a drive today, but mum refused to take me, and dad made all excuses under the sun
Positive: I ended up at school working on my English speech and finished it

Negative: I'm feeling a bit nervous about my English speech tomorrow, and just generally not wanting tomorrow to happen...
Positive: If I do my speech in the early morning class there will (should) be less people and I should be able to cope then.

Negative: The funeral is tomorrow
Positive: It's in the afternoon, and I can take the weekend to recover Smiley Happy

Negative: I haven't been able to to my drama homework due tomorrow, and nervous that it will affect my final mark as it's for our current assessment
Positive: I'm going to say the truth, that I just didn't get around to doing it. (Or more to the point I did forget about it for a day)

Youth Ambassador

Negative: I'm behind on my uni study and assignments.

Positive: I'm getting through them slowly.

Builder

Negative: Muddled myself up in my English speech. Felt terrible and just wanted to be invisible

Positive: Even though I was super nervous I got up and did it. I pushed through and remembered to breathe.

Negative: I feel as though something happens to me and no one really cares, yet the same can happen to someone else and they get heaps of empathy

Positive: ??

Negative: I felt terrible after talking to my drama teacher. I had un helpful thoughts spinning around in my mind.

Positive: I battled on through. I knew he was going to be disappointed that I didn't do my homework

Negative: I feel as though none of my 'friends' really care about me. I was on the verdge of crying and I get "aw don't cry"....

Positive: This is just an over emotional reaction and over exxageration.

Negative: The funeral was so hard today. I couldn't stop crying. And am still feeling a bit fragile.

Positive: The school counsellor came to the service and saw me afterwards and said hello before going back to her work. I know my aunt is in a better place now. She even got a rainbow. Smiley Happy

Super star contributor

Negative: The computer lost about a quarter of my assignment the other day and I had to hand in a draft copy because I didn't have time to redo it.
Positive: Lesson learned. Be more organised and don't leave it to the last minute in future. And now I will make sure my assignments are definitely saved!
Star contributor

Negative : Stuck in a boring lecture

Positive : I've used to time to finish my assignment...which means time off this afternoon Smiley Happy

Builder

Negative: Not copping too well, everything I try to do isn't working and I'm getting really wound up over it
Positive: I'm persistant?

Negative: I am getting overwhellemed by everything, the simplest of thing - eg not understanding where I'm going wrong is driving me over the edge, it's getting ridiculous
Positive: I can see that it is a problem and that it's not helpful or normal bahaviour.

Negative: I'm second guessing and questioning my ability to be able to do things, and it's making my self esteem really low
Positive: I can see this,

Builder

Negative: Had an assessment today in which I wasn't prepared for and forgot about until yesterday
Positive: It's a fairly easy one, we finish it next lesson (Friday), and I couldn't have really done any study for it

Negative: I got my exam timetable today
Positive: One exam per day (and relax)

Negative: As soon as exams are over we;re told we jump straight into year 12 stuff in the last 2 days of term... oh crap!
Positive: Trying to think of it as a new start. I can get my mentor to help me start making sumaries from the get go

Negative: My 'friend' got annoyed with me and told me off just because I was wanting to find E and went to hang with her instead of her.
Positive: Hanging with other people makes me feel better in general

Negative: I've just realised that the conversation I had with KHL last night is more real than I first thought. I feel as though I should have explored that a little more with the counsellor I spoke with
Positive: I see this now, I can bring it up next time I speak with my regular KHL counsellor or a different one Smiley Happy

Negative: I'm scared that year11 is almost over, It seems like this year has flown by, and I feel as though I've just wasted time. I'm scared and nervous about exams, what if I flunk out in my PDH and get worse than my half yearlys? What will my teacher say then? Will he go back to saying that I don't care and that I should just drop out? What if I go badly in all my exams??? My head is full of "what if's"
Positive: I know some of these are nevers, some are unrealistic thinking based on past events that I magnified. I can get through this, I'm going to see my mentor tomorrow

Builder

Negative: Struggling to cope again
Positive: I'm seeing my mentor Friday and I can arrange to see Mrs K afterwards

Negative: I fuond out one of my friends has just been diagnosed with depression, and I think I could have said more to her, but I didn't
Positive: I gave her a hug and showed empathy,

Negative: Everything seems to be building up, I feel worse than ever and I know I'm just not coping as well as I should. But no one sees because I hide it from everyone!
Positive: Hopefully I can find the courage to tell my mentor this instead of putting on a brave face and making it seem like I'm fine. And hopefully I can see Mrs K and expand on what I told her a fortnight ago

Star contributor

Neg: Angry at myself for doing badly in trials- I barely passed!! Smiley Sad

Pos: I have 9 weeks to improve....

Neg: Mum's not impressed.

Pos: She was still slightly encouraging??

Neg: I feel like a part of my brain has gone missing...

Pos: ????

Neg: I don't deserve sympathy. It's my own fault I didn't study.....

Pos: I'm being too hard on myself. It'll work out. Smiley Happy

Neg: 70 isn't hard to get!! I shouldve been able to get that much!

Pos: It's a mark- it doesn't define your intelligence!

Neg: I was doing so well before....What happened?

Pos: ?????

Neg: I feel like my friend is mocking me with her Ancient mark....

Pos: How could she be? She knows we both struggle....

Neg: She tries harde than I do....

Pos: I do my best.....

Neg: I'm sick of my brain trying to work out what the hell is going on.... I need to study!!!

Pos: I've realized this?

Neg: still angry and confused...

Pos: I'll try ringing a fruend.....

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors