Builder

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

Negative: Have been feeling pretty lousy and not copping too well.
Positive: I'm still fighting through

Negative: I wasn't able to see Mrs K on Friday, and seeing my mentor didn't go to plan, she noticed something was up and then I unconsciencly did my best to hide it and cover it up, why wasn't I able to talk to her?
Positive: I tried. I accepted how things were and what had happened and tried my best to cope

Negative: I had a moment again in English, broke down in tears, felt completely lost and hopeless.
Positive: My teacher said how great my work was and that I should be happy with it, but quickly realised there was something more and questioned me but of course I shut down, and said she was there if I needed to talk.

Negative: I feel bad that I keep finding myself in that space, and not knowing how to get out of it. esp since it's occuring more in English
Positive: I'm trying my best

Negative: What my teacher said today kind of struck and scarred me
Positive: she only said it because she is concerned

Negative: Worried about my exams, not too sure how they will turn out,
Positive: I'll get through it.

Negative: After talking to my science teacher and thinking I think I need to change my mentor
Positive: I just need to figure out who I can open up to!

~~ ☆ Be yourself ; Everyone else is already taken ♡ ~~
Star contributor

Neg: I'm scared I won't make strong connections...

Pos: I don't know until I try...

Neg: How many essays will I have to do to convince Mum I can do this? 

Pos: I should ask... 

Neg: the ideas are stuck in my head, but won't come out....

Pos: One @ a time....

Neg: What if it's choppy?

pos: So be it. I've already got half my mark. The exam is only 50% of my final mark. Even if I do badly, I won't fail....

Builder

Negative: didn't come out of my double drama feeling too good this morning. And it warrented a deep talk with a friend which where at one point I felt so angry and discgusted I was feeling like acting in a stupid way
Positive: I dug through it. I held myself together.
Positive: I managed to knock on the counsellors door and arrange to see her.

Negative: By the end of period 3 I was feeling like crap again.
Positive: I got time to myself and finished an assessment!

Negative: I forgot about seeing the other teacher about the body outlines for my assessment
Positive: I can see her tomorrow

Casual scribe

Good ol' mental alchemy(not sure if anyone mentioned it earlier but this is the symbol http://blog.world-mysteries.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/alchemy_symbol_strong.gif)

neg: lost my wallet
pos: have no money to spent on useless items and junk food

Youth Ambassador

Neg: I've been struggling to find anything positive in my life lately.

Pos: I took some time out for me whilst at work, and sat out in the sun.

I'm taking the time to appreciate the little things in life. Smiley Happy

Builder

Negative: Didn't get to see the counsellor today
Positive: I'm doing okay, I got to help some year8 girls with their maths Smiley Happy

Negative: My friend had a bad reaction after some news with her sister which put me in a bit of a downer by the end of lunch
Positive: I gave her my whole support, I gave her space and time, And I tried my best not to make a big thing out of our other friend who mis-interperated what I was trying to say

Negative: Thinking over what my mentor was wanting me to do tonight I started to get a bit anxious, and questions that stopped me in the first place came to mind
Positive: I faught through them reminding myself that she said she'd be more than happy to help me.

Negative: There is that little voice inside my head that doesn't want to comply
Positive: I trust her, I know I'm just over thinking this

Negative: Have been piggin out a bit on junk, and noticing that unless I eat healthy foods my mood drops dramatically
Positive: I've identified this and can set off to make sure we have salad stuff in the fridge so I can keep having salad buns Smiley Happy yum

Negative: was thinking I was never going to finish my summary for the body in motion
Positive: It's done, I just need to google a couple pictures and I can print it off tomorrow at TAFE Smiley Happy

Youth Ambassador

Neg: My assignment still isn't finished.

Pos: It's much closer to being done and I'll be able to sumbit it tomorrow. 

Builder

Negative: Feeling overwhellemed by the last bit of my drama assessment
Positive: My teacher has faith in me

Negative: Finding it hard to remiain positive and optimistic about this assessment task and exm next week :/
Positive: I'm going to get there, I've proved I can do this.

Negative: Finding it hard to keep this negative mood at bay
Positive: Going to try some writting

Youth Ambassador

Negative: I have so many things to right now and I'm panicking about which makes it even harder to get done, and i didn't do any of the uni work i needed to do today.

Positive: I did manage to do the grocery shopping, clean my room and attend the appointment i had scheduled.

Builder

Negative: Feeling as though I didn't do as well as I should have in my math exam ; feeling guilty because I didn't study until last minute and then I barely did anything
Positive: I did what I could. I've been trying to look after my emotional health a bit. I did the best I could in the exam with how I was feeling in the current time. And even if I get a bit of a dodgy mark who cares? The score does NOT measure my worth or how smart I am, it's just telling me how well I perfomed under pressure in one moment in time, it never takes into consideration anything else!

Negative: I didn't get to see my mentor today;she forgot
Positive: While I was a bit annoyed I realized that she's human. She did apoligize and was generally sorry as she had in all honesty forgotten. It made for a bit of a laugh. We organised to meet up tomorrow to go over these last two exams. And afterwards I might be able to see Mrs K as she said she'd be in and wants to see me.

Negative: I've had a few mixed emotions and reactions over some events today and have felt unsure and confused about them
Positive: I held myself together really well.

Negative: I've got a pain in my lower right arm
Positive: I'm sure it's just my muscle wanting a bit of TLC ; I've removed my bracelets to let my arm recover.

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors