Builder

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

Negative: Feeling a bit down and have cried for an hour or so
Positive: I'm doing my best,

Negative: Because of this phonecall I was only allowed to be at school for an hour today to see my mentor - mum wanted me straight home
Positive: My mentor reinstilled positive back into me and gave me a few things to think about Smiley Happy

Negative: I'm really worried about tomorrow's PDH exam - I don't want to disappoint my teacher - esp when he thought I was doing so much extra work and had gained a heap of faith in me
Positive: I am going to play it by year, If I bomb out again... I will figure something out...

Negative: As a result of only being at school for an hour I didn't get to see the old counsellor
Positive: I can try and see her next Friday - or pop in for a quick 5min chat before I go home after my exam tomorrow....

Negative: I'm over thinking things and just generally not in a good place again
Positive: I'm trying my hardest to get out it...

~~ ☆ Be yourself ; Everyone else is already taken ♡ ~~
Builder

Negative: Didn't do too well in my PDH exam
Positive: I did my best and know that what I did do was ok and I planned heaps so it's one step forward

Negative: I know that if I was able to concentrate last night and had prepared myself better I would have done better
Positive: Given what happened yesterday I did really well at studying!

Negative: Got a phonecall yesterday, which spun everyone out, and found out today that it was a total hoax! Feeling so stupid, played and vulnerable
Positive: The police know and we are going to go speak to my year adviser about it because it affected my PDH exam!!

Negative: I don't want to see her about it, I don't want to seem as if I'm making excuses!
Positive: It was out of our control, we have never been in this position to know the difference!

Negative: I'm worried now what these people are going to do with the info they got from mum during the hoax phonecall :/ - I don't trust them
Positive: ???

Negative: I fear that because m friend told me it was them, it'll come back to hurt her
Positive: The police officer we spoke to said he'd do his best to make sure that doesn't happen when he called mum back

Builder

Negative: Feeling a bit contradicted and confused. Feeling ok but feeling bad. I don't know
Positive: I'm copping fairly well. I've been able to push asside some fairly intense and difficult emotions this weekend

Negative: I've been awak since 5.30, it feels latter then 9.40 and it's weird because I don't have an exam and therefore aren't supposed to be at school - being home feels weird
Positive: I'm awake! I'm going ok, I've got a whole day of study, but will break it into a few hour chunks Smiley Happy

Negative: I know I need to talk to someone about this recent issue, but I don't know who or when or how. I don't know if I'll even be able to actually be able to get it all out
Positive: My mentor knows the start of it, so there is a good starting point

Negative: Mum wants to go up to the highschool and let them know what happened...
Positive: It wont hurt...

Negative: I know right now I seem to be going around in a circle... I need to clear my mind
Positive: Going to try and focus on something

Mod

Negative: This sleep pattern is seriously beginning to annoy me.

Positive: As long as I'm able to make the things I have to it's not really impacting much.

Negative: I've just been given more to add to the pile of regret/guilt/shame/sadness.

Positive: I don't actually know what the result is going to be. She didn't mean to make me feel bad, she just had to tell me.

Negative: I had a real opportunity to make a relationship better yesterday and I greatly failed.

Positive: I could have done much worse, I have enough information/reason to still improve it if I choose to.

Negative: I sort of miss him and I didn't speak to him.

Positive: I'll have more opportunities.

Negative: Completely forgot that I still had books to be read that are more my type! Now I'm stuck reading more stuff that I'm not as enchanted with.

Positive: I'll still be able to read them later, it just gives me more motivation to get through these few books first. 

Super star contributor

Negative: It's night time.
Positive: There are good TV shows on tonight.
Builder

Negative: feeling a bit ignored by my friend, she always seems to talk to someone else over me
Positive: she talks to me when it's just us to

Negative: it seems as though she is pushing me away
Positive: ??

Negative: feeling really drained of energy and just not seeing a direction right now
Positive: I'm probably lacking in iron and sunlight... will see if I can catch our school counsellor tomorrow...

Youth Ambassador

Negative: I'm getting a lot of unwanted attention over something that happened last week. I'm incredibly uncomfortable and anxious about it.

Positive: I know it's what they all think is best for me.

Negative: Appointments. Appointments everywhere. And work. So busy. 
Positive: Being busy is better than being bored, right?

Negative: Feeling really bad about lying about a pretty important thing... I know if the person finds out they'll never really trust me again. At the time, I felt like I was protecting myself.

Positive: Learn from mistakes.

Negative: My friends can be very pressuring to do things and some of them can be quite mean 
Positive: I can usually stand up for myself.

Negative: I'm not sure what I'm even doing or what's going on.
Positive: Just taking it hour by hour. (day by day seems too long, y'know?)

Builder

[ Edited ]

Negative: just saw a decent sized spider running accross my beside table, not quiet sure what kind, but I'm now really scarred and probably going to have a nightmare about spiders... when I fall asleep! eek
Positive: I'm going to be okay, it's just a spider, I'll live. Going to be brave and drown it out with music and headphones...

EDIT: I'm super scard of spiders!!!!!! (I got dad to kill a dady-long-legs a while back because it was near the light switch...)

Youth Ambassador

Negative: I had to wait for like 2 hours to see a doctor today. Didn't take a book or anything. My appointment was like... 10 minutes. 
Positive: It was a kind of important so I'm glad it's all sorted out.

Negative: Things she (the doctor) put on my form were kind of upsetting for me. I don't even know why, it just made me feel like a freak.

Postive: It needed to be done...

Negative: I'm terribly unmotivated to do anything... 

Positive: I don't have anything important to do so it's okay, I guess.

Negative: I miss my friend as she is on exchange.
Positive: We're singing on Skype together at the moment :3

Youth Ambassador

Negative : I haven't eaten anything healthy for a while.

Positive  I'm googling simple healthy recipes.

Negative : I have another assignment due in a few weeks.

Positive : At least I'm starting on it now. I hardly ever start assignments early.

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors