Builder

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

Negative: Haven't been sleeping too well, and feeling as though staying in bed all day is the better option

Positive: I've forced myself to get out of bed each day

Negative: With my last 2 drives I've had this thought of just crashing the car, I've been really anxious when I've had to park the car in the coles car park, and I'm starting to think that is best for me to not drive at the moment, but I keep asking and agreeing to drives...

Positive: I haven't even caused a scratch on the car, I haven't smashed it, I'm doing fine.

Negative: (I think) I'm just getting anxious over the traffic, I think I've taken the saying about being responsible for every other driver on the road a little too literal?

Positive: I'm getting there

Negative: Realized I've got exactly 2 weeks to do my massive assessment for TAFE, and maybe slightly freaking out about it

Positive: I'm going to be fine, if I get stuck I can always message the other girls in my class Smiley Happy

Negative: Feeling a bit lost, like I don't really know who I am, like I've just been following everyone and not really doing anything because I want to

Positive: I'm okay, I've just got to give myself time to grow

~~ ☆ Be yourself ; Everyone else is already taken ♡ ~~
Builder

Negative: Feeling a bit swamped by my TAFE assessment, and knowing I've got 2 weeks to do it, aswell as other work I feel like I'm drowning

Positive: I'm chugging through it, bit by bit...

Negative: Feeling swamped and overwhellemed isn't helping my concnentration..

Positive: Going to take a break and relax for the rest of the night

Star contributor

Neg: What if I screw up in my English exam?

Pos: so, I do! *shrug* It's not the end of the world Notre Dame has an interview anyway...

Neg: What if it's nothing?

Pos: It's gone on for 3 years! "Nothing" does not go on that long...

Neg: I'm tired of constantly analyzing everything and want to turn my brain off....

Pos: I need to relax...

Neg; I'm doing enough relaxing as it is...

Pos: you can never relax too much...

Builder

Negative: Battling a bit with emotions
Positive: I'm doing my best to look after myself, day by day

Negative: I'm starting to see (and realize) how bad mum's illness really is :/ and I just want to escape it all, leave it all behind - it's selfish but I don't know what to do, how to feel, cope...
Positive: I'm doing my best to help and take a lot of stress off her

Negative: In the process of taking the stresses off her, I'm landed with them, and with school I'm struggling to cope with it all.
Positive: I'm looking after myself. I'm using services and taking it day by day, reminding myself there is many a people who can and will help me, who are more than happy to.

Negative: I feel guilty for the way in which I feel. I should be able to control and handle myself better!
Positive: I'm doing my best with what I've got Smiley Happy

Star contributor

I got lost in the city today...but i was happy about it because it was the first nice day of spring and I could bask in the sun Smiley Happy

Youth Ambassador

Negative: I have two uni assessments to complete but have no motivation or creativity to complete them.

Positive: I have 4 days off work coming up to spend time completing them and I know that if I put my mind to them, I will get them complete on time.

Negative: I've been so emotionally blocked lately and it is making even the most basic tasks hard to complete.

Positive: I need to allow myself to grieve my best friends passing. Each day will eventually get easier.

Youth Ambassador

Negative: I'm going to be so ridiculously busy this month... I'm doing a lot of stalls for Mental Health Month as well as trying to sort my own life out and moving houses and blah, blah, blah.

Positive: Being busy = being distracted... which is probably exactly what I need right now. I just hope I don't burn out Smiley Sad

Negative: I honestly don't think I'll be ready for university next year. Especially with the state that everything is in now....
Positive: I've gotten in touch with the university and they have told me that it's possible to defer for another year... Maybe more time is what I need... I'm not sure yet.

Super star contributor

[ Edited ]

Negative: Had a massive panic attack in my lecture this morning Smiley Sad
Positive: Eventually got myself out of there and was able to calm myself enough to attend my next class.

Negative: Mum not understanding the aforementioned panic attack.
Positive: Even though I don't like how she reacts, she does still care about how I feel Smiley Happy

Youth Ambassador

Negative: Brought up the topic of wanting to defer for another year with mum... let's just say it didn't end well... 
I just feel like there's too much pressure to get everything 'right' before uni, adding to stress and blehhh.
Positive: Still working on that....

Post Mod

[ Edited ]

Negative: I have a cold and am sneezing and blowing my nose every 10seconds 

Positive: My nasal voice sounds husky and sexy Smiley Happy haha

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors