Star contributor

Worried....

Hi fello RO people
Im headed away for a week and as we speak driving to go there. I am worried though....
Ive organised for a phone call everyday one about 10am and one about 7pm
Also my neighbours to check on him through the day and his friends picking him up everyday at 11 until 1 for lunch and a visit as thats his routine and i uslly drive him there.
Ive organised dinner meals . All he has to do is heat it up and he has his usual breakfast which hes able to do himself.
But im still worried about him. Have i done the right thing? Im 20 and been caring for him for about a year and my nan (passed away) for 2 years and this is the first vacation ive had since caring and also finishing my hsc

@Bree-RO @Mona-RO @May_ @N1ghtW1ng @TOM-RO
Mod

Re: Worried....

Hey @scared01 It sounds like you have done everything you can to make sure that he will be okay and if anything goes wrong he can call you, the neighbours or his friends Smiley Happy

You are so deserving of a vacation! Heart Have you got any exciting or relaxing vacation plans?

Star contributor

Thanks @May_
Ummm it more just relaxing going for beach walks exploring the local parks and things as well
Mod

@scared01 that's sounds fun! Smiley Happy
Mod

@scared01 please know that you are absolutely allowed to take a vacation, and I'm so glad to hear that you'll be doing relaxing things like going to the beach.

Let us know how you go! Smiley Happy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My freedom is an agreement with myself. It's an acceptance and love for who I am that isn't dependent on performance or the will of other people - Renee Yohe
Highlighted
Star contributor

yeh @letitgo ive been checking on him and he rings me and i have the neighbours as well- check the depression thread @letitgo youll see the pics i uploaded and the activities ive been doing

Mod

Hey @scared01,

That is great that you are getting a much needed and deserved break. Caring is a big responsibility and it is important for carers to look after themselves too Smiley Happy I am just wondering if you are aware of Carers Australia and that they provide support for carers like yourself. You can call 1800 242 636 for information about support services, they even have a carers counseling line too!

yeah @SmileMonkey im aware of carers australia. im just not crash hot on actually making a phone call to them but i did get a fair bit of information off their site

thank you though Smiley Happy

Mod

That's great! There is also the Carer Gateway which although is not young carer specific, might give you some idea of services you are eligible for without having to make that phone call Smiley Happy

oh thank you i havent heard of them before thanks @SmileMonkey

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors