Uber contributor

Re: dislosure

Sorry to hear that @setmefree Smiley Sad Just being mindful that thinking about our thoughts can often be upsetting, do you want to leave the thought challenging for another time and focus on looking after yourself tonight? Is there anything that you enjoy doing like reading, listening to music, writing, drawing, visualisations or meditation, anything like that? Sometimes a hot shower or a warm drink is good for self soothing. 

Do you need any medical attention for your self harm? Heart

My day has been okay, just studying mostly, thanks for asking Smiley Happy

Mod Squad

You make a really good point @DruidChild, it can help to extend your thoughts to other people.  What do you think of other people @setmefree? Would you say they have worth? If so, then why wouldn't you also have worth?

You are taking a huge positive step by sharing your thoughts, and the challenges involved in trying to change them, in this community. You can be proud that you are really putting yourself out there and working hard! Reading through your experiences here may help others who are struggling with similar issues, so your contribution is important not only for you but for them too! Smiley Happy

- Hayley R/O

Super frequent scribe

@DruidChild

it might be a good idea to leave it for now. im really not in a good state of mind and going through the thoughts might make it worse.

ive been to the optometrist today and she said leave the reading until i can get my glasses sorted out so i wont be doing that just yet.

ive been writing in my journal however it just stirs things up abit for a while and makes things worse but i think journalling is a good idea so i try to do it at the end of each day despite it being tiggering.

Super frequent scribe

@TOM-RO 

yes i think everyone (excluding myself) have worth. i liek everyone to feel goo about themselves so i try my best to make things work despite everything that ive been through  which constantly haunts me and everything that im dealing with now.

Mod Squad

Well that response is a bit conflicting @setmefree! You say that everyone but you has worth but then you also say that you're the one who is trying your best to make things work..... That tells me that you're thinking of, and putting others first and that shows a lot of worth. You're trying, even in the face of everything you've been through, you're still here and you're still fighting.

I hope you can give yourself even one minute's break from the negative thoughts tonight and focus on that Smiley Happy

- Hayley R/O

Super frequent scribe

yes i know @TOM-RO

i dont want to fight anymore. im tired of it and overwhelmed and struggling so much eachh and everyday and the only thing i seem to do well is self harm.

Mod Squad

@setmefree really concerned about your thoughts around SH, how are you feeling today? Sing out when you can Smiley Happy

Uber contributor

Hey @setmefree

That makes sense. I think it shows a lot of strength that you understand yourself well enough to know whether something is going to be helpful or not Smiley Happy If you want any support to keep going, just let me know. 

How are you doing today? I am all for writing and journaling as a healing activity, so cool. 

I wondered if if you wanted to check out this info about safe space visualisations? I find them to be really helpful when I'm feeling low, sort of gives your mind a time out. http://www.dbtselfhelp.com/ImagerySelfHelp.pdf We also have a whole thread on the idea, here Smiley Happy

Super frequent scribe

hi @Bree-RO @DruidChild

thanks ill take a look at the link you gave me @DruidChild

im still struggling a fair bit today. it never ending. i need a break from myself

Uber contributor

Hey @setmefree, I'm sorry to hear you're still struggling today. Sounds like things have been so tough for you lately Smiley Sad What could you do to take care of yourself today? Maybe some more journaling could help? 

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors
User High Fives Count