Casual scribe

Re: i cant do it anymore :( please help me

um i just do drawings that come to mind or ill find a pic of the internet and try to imitate it @May_

have a look at my dression thread ive uploaded a few pics on there of my recent drawings

Casual scribe

today as if it wasnt hard enough already, as i had a really horrbile night with visions and thinking things are there when they arent really there. so didnt sleep to well, myanxiety is sky high as my sister has a cold and everytime she coughs she sets my anxiety off so all day pretty much as mum was at work so ia had her all day incuding taking her to the drs
but when mum got home, i was invited out with a couple of people so i decided it might be what i needed and took the opportnity to go out.
and it started off good, you know general chit chat how you going that sort of thing and i was glad to have gotten out but then as they know about my mental health conditions they said hows your counselling going, have you improved that sort of thing whihc i didnt mind answering they were pretty generl questions but when i said today i went to my gp and she thinks im pushing my mental health professional away as i just dont want to go to them and so i keep resheduling. and she asked my why im diong that and then me and my 'friends' got into abit and i meantioned my gp has been pestering me to get a blood test to check my thyroid as it could be partly to blame for my depression.
and my friends really took that opportunity didnt they and they started saying well maybe the diagnoses were wrong, theres probably nothing wrong with you at all. 
and when i was telling them about some of the symptoms they said well maybe your jsut doing it for attention and theres nothing wrong with you at all cause they never get those symptoms.
maybe its all just in my head and i shouldnt worry about it.
then we got into blood tests and i said i really dont like needles, i cant get over the fear and they pretty much just scoffed at me and said to grow up and im just being stupid and im the one damaging my own health

becasue my Gp keeps telling me to get the test, i think she thinks im playing too much and that im lying

Casual scribe

Builder

@scared01 I'm sorry your friends weren't supportive. Hugs.
Mod Squad

yes @scared01 I am with @redhead on this one, it sounds like you had a very painful conversation tonight with not many people understanding you!

I hope getting it out on the forum has been helpful to you, if you need to talk about it tonight more and get some counselling support make sure to get in touch with Kids Helpline (1800 551 800)  or Lifeline (13 11 14)

I'm going to be logging off for the night in a few minutes so please check in with us on how you are feeling tomorrow

Casual scribe

Builder

@scared01 how are you today
Highlighted
Mod

Hey @scared01, That sucks that your friends were not supportive or understanding. How are you going today? I have found an article that might let you know why your GP would be asking for the thyroid test. I don't think that she thinks your lying, but probably just wants to rule out other issues, you can find the information here.

Casual scribe

Im ok abit better than yesterday at least @redhead @SmileMonkey

Yeah i did abit of research on the thyroid last night but ill take a look at the lonk as well thanks
Mod

@scared01 glad you're doing a little better Smiley Happy I've had blood tests to rule out other possible causes of depression too - it's quite a standard thing for doctors to do and is actually good sign, because it means they're thinking holistically. Being afraid of needles is also really common and it's definitely not stupid. I'm sorry your friends have been really judgemental Smiley Sad have you spoken to your GP about the needle phobia?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray, when you're on the Titanic, you load the lifeboats. You don't stop to yell at the iceberg.

Do you need support?

ReachOut NextStep is a tool that can help you find the best support for you.

Open tool in sidebar
Top High Fived Authors