Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

hopethepiano
Super frequent scribe

Self Harm Recovery

hey guys!

Im still getting used to this whole forum thing so feel free to tell me if i put this in the wrong section etc. 

But I really wanted to share my story so yeah 

One year ago today at around about this time something tipped in my mind. I dont really know how to describe it but it was almost like I was sick of everything. I was sick of being caught in this cycle of feel shit-->self harm -->feel better-->feel shit-->self harm etc. 

I wasnt in a good way. And today Im proud to say that I am ONE YEAR SELF HARM FREE! I never knew this could be me but im so proud of myself. 

Probably the best moment this year was when my GP was filling out a form of something to do with my Mental Health and it asked a question about "Is the patient at risk to him/herself"" 

SHE TICKED NO 

I swear there have been really good moments this year just like there have been really bad. But when she ticked no...that was like a sign. Im 17 yo (turning 18 next month) and never in my teenage years (since I was 13) has my GP ever been able to tick anything other than Yes. 

So this isnt really me boasting (actually it kinda is)- its more of me wanting to say that anyone can do it. There have been many times when my parents, family, friends, even doctors have said that they dont think I'll make it after a suicide attempt. 

I F***ing made it! 

Who rated this post