cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Main content skiplink

Who rated this post

Lemon_Dolphin
Star contributor

Hey @sunny-boi I'm so sorry to hear everything that you've gone through.

First let me say that, it may be hard and scary to find help. And you are so brave for reaching out here. In my experience, a counselor will not usually tell you you're faking it or over dramatizing it. 

I'm not sure what the rules with counselors and telling parents. However, I know they have to say something in certain circumstances. If you are scared about having an in person one, one I find really good is Headspace. You can have a one on one with a clinician/counselor and it's all just a message chat. You can choose it to be anonymous, just an email. Anyway, that should work with worrying about your parents because you can just sit down and have a half hour chat. Like, I've done it a few times and my family came in the room while I was and had no idea.

I'm sorry you feel your mother doesn't understand you and you can't talk to her. I get that and I feel the same way most the time.

Have you got anyone you can talk to about how you've been going? Maybe a friend or another relative?

It must have been pretty hard to have your sister say those things to you. But let me tell you, that is not true. You belong here and you are important. Don't give up. You will make it. You are so valuable. You are a jewel and if people don't see that, they are the one missing something. But that doesn't make you less valuable. Please keep fighting. You will make it because you are a fighter.

Praying for you. ❤️

Who rated this post