cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you want to be a Builder on the ReachOut Forums?

Do you want to be a Builder on the ReachOut Forums? 

Image result for bob the builder

ReachOut is looking for more volunteer Builders to provide peer support in the online forums!

Becoming a volunteer Builder is a great opportunity for you to receive training in how to be a good supporter for other young people.
We know that young people are best equipped to help other young people because of your shared experiences. As a Builder, you can pair these experiences with skills in listening, empathy, and support giving, as well as looking after yourself.

Who are Community Builders (affectionately known as BOBs)?:

A Builder is a member of the ReachOut.com community who has put their hand up to use their experiences of being a young person to take their support to the next level. They're trained in the art of Peer Support and help us to make our community the best place it can be. 

Who can become a Builder?

Anyone in Australia within the ages of 16-25 can apply to become a Builder. 

I'm ready to become a builder! How do I apply?

You can apply to become a builder HERE! We will get back to you soon to let you know the outcome of the application.

Any questions, put them in the comments to this thread! 

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here

Re: Do you want to be a Builder on the ReachOut Forums?

@DruidChild I've seen you consistently posting awesome responses and supporting other users, have you thought about becoming a builder? Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Thanks so much for the tag @Bee Smiley Happy I will definitely think about it, it would be awesome for sure, just not sure how I’d go with the time commitments. 

Hello community!

We have just completed our final intake of Builders for 2018!

Applications are now open for 2019! If you see someone you think would be great for our builder program, send them the link to this thread so they can learn more Smiley Happy

Looking forward to seeing our builders program continue to grow in 2019!

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here

@DruidChild @annabethxchase @litgym @Zeldasmile @Nightruner23 @Shadow would any of you be interested? Smiley Happy

im 14 Smiley Sad @lokifish

unless you know @Jess1-RO @gina-RO i would love to, we can just pretend im 16 Smiley Wink im also a syd girl so that means im amazing ! Smiley Wink

Actually, that's a good point... are there any opportunities for our younger members @gina-RO @Jess1-RO? I forget how young users are because the support you guys give is just incredible Heart

Haha me too @litgym, I'm still a little bean! (Height wise as well) I can fake it though right? litgym, if I'm from Brisbane does that mean I'm not amazing ? Smiley Wink

Thanks @lokifish Smiley Happy , it means a lot

hehe @annabethxchase is brodsky even in brisbane? according to google maps it’s non existent hahaha. im also a shortie Smiley Wink  its because @Jess1-RO @gina-RO are sydneyers hehe

Omg typo! I changed it, apparently Brisbane is Brondsky according to autocorrect! Ah, shortie problems I haven't grown since grade 5! Oh ok Smiley Happy