cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Do you want to be a Builder on the ReachOut Forums?

@Janine-RO thanks xx

What’s involved in becoming a builder?

@Bananatime04 basically you watch a bunch if videos about peer support and answer some questions about them.

It's pretty relaxed, and if you need anything you can ask one of the RO staff and they can help. (Like for example they were able to make sure I could do everything by reading it instead of listening because I have terrible auditory processing)

Oh and we get a super secret (Smiley Tongue) section of the forums where we plan things like discussions.

@Tiny_leaf thank you Smiley Happy
How long did it take you to do it?

Hey @Bananatime04 ! Super excited to hear that you might be interested in being a builder! We've expanded the online training for builders a little bit, there's modules on Self-Care and Boundaries, Peer Support and Community Building, it takes anywhere from a few hours to a week or so to complete. It's totally self paced so you can do it over whatever type of time suits you, everyone learns differently Smiley Happy 

If you're interested in applying you can find the application form here, we usually recruit once a month. You can also read more about being a builder on the original post on this thread and feel free to let us know if you have any questions at all!

Check out our community activities calendar here

Thanks @Janine-RO
I done the application yesterday Smiley Happy

I'll bear this information in mind, too, seeing as it won't be long before I can become a builder too! Smiley Very Happy