cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Do you want to be a Builder on the ReachOut Forums?

Hi @annabethxchase and @litgym,

It is a great question about how we involve our members under 16! One amazing part of peer support on the forums is that anyone can give it a go- there is no age limit when providing peer support Smiley Happy We encourage everyone to give peer support a go!

In terms of our formal peer support programs (the builders program and mods program), we currently have a minimum age limit of 16 for the builders program and 18 for the moderator program. However, we have seen so regularly on our forums that so many amazing peer supporters are under the age of 16 Heart @gina-RO and I can look into this next year and see what we can do to involve our under 16s more Smiley Happy Stay tuned! 

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here

@hellofriend I've seen you offering some incredible support on the forums recently! Smiley Happy Would you consider becoming a builder in the future?

Thanks @mrmusic, I'm interested Smiley Happy what sort of training does it involve?

@hellofriend The training itself is online, and gives an introduction into providing peer support, specifically focussing on things such as how to maintain appropriate boundaries when supporting others and self care strategies, which is very important as a builder. You will also learn how to assist with running GR's and infobuses, and some of the other things that RO does on the forum! Smiley Happy

I hope this helps.

Hi @hellofriend, we would love to have you on board Smiley Happy

@nyke I've seen some very supportive, informative and pure awesome responses from you lately, would you be interested?

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Wow thanks for the nom @Bee! I'm expecting so much to change when I move to uni in Feb, and I'd need to settle into that routine first before deciding what else I can add on. Maybe the next intake? Smiley Happy

Absolutely welcome Smiley Happy No pressure, sounds like a good call to see how you go settling into uni Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Absolutely @nyke Smiley Happy We do a monthly intake and the form will remain open all year Smiley Happy

Hi @dontstopmenow and @unwind,

We have seen some really fantastic peer support from both of you this week and feel you would both make amazing additions to our builders program if you are interested Smiley Happy I have tagged you here so you can read a bit about the program! Heart