cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Do you want to be a Builder on the ReachOut Forums?

Hey there @not-an-otter and @nyke, we've noticed both of you giving some amazing support recently. We think you would make an excellent applicant to the Builder program if you're interested! You can apply using this form here! Smiley Happy

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here Smiley Happy

-----

I am finishing with ReachOut this week, say good-bye here. I'll miss you all!

Hey @Jay-RO 

I'd love to be a builder but unfortunately I'm not 16 yet and I think the builder requirements are 16-25 so I'll have to wait a bit

Hi! So, a while ago @gina-RO asked if I'd be interested in becoming a builder.

It's something I'd really like to look into, but I do have my own mental health issues, including some demand avoidance...

Are there ways to work around this, and is it still worth me filling out the application? 

Hi @Tiny_leaf,

Really great question! One of my favourite things about peer support, is that each person brings their own unique skills and experiences and that is what makes it so special. No matter where you are at on your journey, the builder role is really flexible we are more than happy to work with you to make the program work for you- we can see how amazing you are the strengths you bring to this community Heart

Many of our builders are still on their journey with mental health and wellbeing too, and we encourage builders to seek support on the forums when they need it- supporters need support too! If you are interested and apply, we can work together to find a balance that suits you Smiley Happy

Check out our community activities calendar for July 2019 here

Thank you @Jess1-RO, that's exactly what I needed to know. Smiley Happy

Do I just fill out the form thingy to apply? 

Hey @Jay-RO, thanks for the nom! Unfortunatley it's not a role I'd like to commit to right now. Smiley Happy

Not a problem @nyke!

Absolutely, @Tiny_leaf Smiley Happy Complete the form and we will be in contact later this month with next steps Smiley Happy

Thanks @Jess1-RO!

Could I ask one more question sorry? 

Sure @Tiny_leaf Smiley Happy

@Jess1-RO there's one thing about not volunteering during school time if you're in school. 

I'm of school age (17), but I haven't really been going because it's too much for me (the school knows about this and is working with me); I only go for a couple of hours once a week, when my school psychologist can support me.

Would that particular condition not apply to me, only apply for those few hours or apply to me in "normal" school times during the week?