cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Do you want to be a Builder on the ReachOut Forums?

Hi @MB95 and @Eden1717 , Just thought I would tag you both here! The ReachOut Community are so, so impressed by the level of support you are providing others, and would love to have members like you in our builders program in 2020! It would mean similar things to what you are doing now, but with a new rank and features for the forum! Have a think about- we think you would be amazing builders!

Check out our community activities calendar here
Highlighted

Wow @Jess1-RO! Thank you! This was such a beautiful message to wake up to and one I am so honored to recieve considering I've only recently joined and feel like I am still yet to sort through so much of my own shit. I do have a passion for helping others though, particularly when it comes to mental health and would absolutely love to undergo the training that is mentioned in this chat as there's been a few times I'm not sure I'm saying the right thing and worry that I might be making things worse for someone which I would HATE to be doing!!! 

I do have two questions though.. one is around the age because unfortunately I'm approaching the 25 mark alot quicker than most on here and am pretty upset to know I may not be able to use the service anymore because it's something that's truly helped me in more ways than one. So just wanted to check that? 

And also what the time commitments are like? I am the type of person that will put all my possible time and energy into a volunteer position but in the past it hasn't always been healthy for me. I am also still struggling with alot myself and try to keep quite a bit of it off of RO because I feel some of it is probably best left to my psychologist to sort. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I would be absolutely honored to be a builder (if my age allows it) but that I am also very easily overwhealmed when uni is happening as I take my studies far too seriously and wouldn't want to be letting anyone down on here if I am struggling myself and need to take a break? 

Highlighted

Hi @MB95

Great questions! For the first one about age, our builders and mods can stay on in the community until the age of 26 Smiley Happy After 26, we often work with members to help them transition out of RO, and can even give a warm referral to other online forums similar to RO but for adults such as SANE or Beyondblue Smiley Happy 

For your second question, the commitment is flexible. We aim for two hours a week, but the reality is that we get builders to set their own times and boundaries as everyone has such different circumstances! I think it is great you have recognised there are some things you may need to take to your external supports- ReachOut can be an awesome additional layer of social support, but definitely doesn't replace professional support. We find a combination approach gets the best results; peer support and seeking professional support Smiley Happy The fact you are aware of your boundaries is a huge strength, and the builder training will talk about boundaries and self care too Smiley Happy 

You definitely won't be letting anyone down when you take breaks- if fact we encourage builders to take breaks when they need to! We are a big team who are here to support each other Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Hey @Jess1-RO,

If the offer still stands I'd love to become a builder 😊❤

I really enjoy being part of this community and also being able to help others so would love to get some training where possible to up my skills! 

Just let me know what I have to do - that's if it's still available! And thanks for thinking of me, I really do appreciate it!!! ❤

Highlighted

Hey @MB95 

Thank for your interest in becoming a builder Heart

The day team will likely get back to you tomorrow with an answer - if not tomorrow then early Jan. Smiley Happy

Highlighted

All good! There is no rush, thanks @Maddy-RO 😊

Highlighted

@MB95 I think you'll do great Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Aww really? Thank you @Tiny_leaf, it means alot! ❤

I'll try and do everyone on here proud and lend a helping hand where I can, just as this community has done for me!! 😊

Highlighted

Hi @MB95 

Absolutely! If you complete this form here

We will be reviewing all the applications in the first week of Jan and make contact via email Smiley Happy 

Look forward to reading your application!  

Highlighted

@Jess1-RO just wondering, has there been any progress with subtitles/ similar?