cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Help us review our community guidelines!

That sounds like a great idea @Bananatime04, I am sure we will make a post about the new guidelines when they are eventually introduced Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Thanks @Andrea-RO! Smiley Happy
Highlighted

@Andrea-RO do you have any idea of when you guys are reviewing and updating the guidelines?
Highlighted

Hey just got a question about the community guidelines...

Lately I've noticed a couple of new users sign off posts with their first name and have it removed... I know the guidelines say stay anonymous, and don't make usernames including your full name... Maybe it should be a bit more clearly stated if you can't say your first name? ( Since there's different levels of anonymity)

Also I've seen plenty of usernames that seem to include a person's first name seemingly without an issue (including but not limited to all the RO staff members, lol). I mean I guess they could be pseudonyms... But then again so could the first names written at the end of posts... So yeah, what's up with that?

Highlighted

@hellofriend this is also something I’ve noticed and think is totally unfair at the same time! Like you can’t change your username so someone could literally put their full name, their phone number, their Instagram username ect. I personally think the guidelines should be changed to allow us to share only our first name but by choice of course. It’s kinda unfair that some usernames have the persons name and then others that don’t, can’t share theirs. Like I’ve seen lily, Lexi, Jess and a few others (I’m not trying to offend these people.. I’m like.. jealous! 😂) but yea it would be nice to be able to finish a post with love and hugs, *insert name*.

@Jess1-RO @Bre-RO @Janine-RO I know it’s a bit late to this years guideline review but please consider and see where we are coming from Heart I’m not saying everyone has to share their name but it should be an option, especially because other users already have their name shared in their username and we can’t change them Smiley Sad

@hellofriend Yeah I actually thought until recently tht it was okay to use just your first name, though I'd never wanted to.

Perhaps it would help to change "full name" to "real name"

Highlighted

Thanks so much for sharing @Bananatime04 @hellofriend @Tiny_leaf - I understand the point you are making Smiley Happy

We will flag this post with the ReachOut day team

Highlighted

Hey there @Bananatime04 , @Tiny_leaf  and @hellofriend!    Thanks so much for all of that feedback. You've definitely raised some good points, we are actually  in the process of compiling everyone's responses at the moment, so I will make sure that gets included in the 2020 review. 

We'll keep you posted on how we are going and will make sure we keep everyone in the loop! 

We really appreciate you guys being such active members of our community Smiley Happy 

Check out our community activities calendar for March 2020 here
Highlighted

Can't wait to see all the great outcomes! Is there anywhere where we will be able to access the updated guidelines once they are released?
Highlighted

Hi @Tay100@Tiny_leaf , @Bananatime04 ,   and everyone else in the forums community! 

Firstly, we just wanted to say a massive THANK YOU to everyone who provided feedback on the Community guidelines. 

There's so much thoughtful, detailed, and important feedback there - the fact that so many of you took the time to give your feedback really demonstrates what an amazing community this is. 

Image result for thank you gif

I'm currently in the process of compiling everyone's feedback, and then we will be discussing it as a team and will be working on revamping the guidelines in collaboration with other RO staff.

It's really important to us that we make the guidelines as relevant, user friendly and engaging as possible, as well as continuing to keep this community a safe and awesome space. So we are working hard to get it right! 

Image result for working gif

And yep, to answer your question @Tay100 , as soon as we are done, we will definitely be letting the community know, and will post up the new guidelines and make sure that everyone is kept in the loop Smiley Happy 

Check out our community activities calendar for March 2020 here