cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 18th October: FB LIVE CHAT, Naked Farmer!

Are you from a rural / regional part of Australia? Do you know any farmers?

I'm right on the veeeeeeeery of edge of what can vaguely be considered Melbourne. I therefore feel a bit weird saying that I'm from rural Australia, but the fact is that I live off a dirt road Smiley Tongue

My in laws also live on about 20 acres of farmland, so... does that count? Smiley Very Happy

A few photos of my in law's place, complete with horses and kangaroos Smiley Tongue

IMG_9270.JPGIMG_9243.JPGIMG_9309.JPG

(I'll see if I can also find some photos of the kangaroos/horses/cows down the road from our place Smiley Tongue)

I'm also a city gal Smiley Happy, but most of the rest of my family is all out in the country. Not many of them are farmers any more but a couple still run run a farm as a family (lots of sheep Smiley Happy )

@lokifish the kangaroos!!! <3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a live Getting Real chat to do with Self-positivity, on Monday the 21st of October! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart
Highlighted

I’m on the very edge of a metropolitan area, but rural properties are only 5 minutes down the road. One of my previous workplaces used to go on a yearly outreach to Central West NSW to provide support, I never got to go though.

I found a Facebook post from my sister... Millie is always OBSESSED with the kangaroos 😂

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 20.15.00.png

I'm from a rural part of NSW, my family moved to rural NSW from rural Vic the year before they had me. Both my extended families are from farming backgrounds too. 

I'm related to farmers, and I wish I grew up on a farm, but I grew up in town away from the family farms so I missed that upbringing my parents and the rest of the family had...

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Loving the responses so far! @lokifish those pictures are epic
Time for question two!
Had you heard of the Naked Farmer before this chat?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a live Getting Real chat to do with Self-positivity, on Monday the 21st of October! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart

@Bee Yeah, that's a good point... you can still live in a rural area without the associated rural lifestyle. I know for me, I'm only a 5 minute drive away from a Woolies and a Maccas - one reason why I don't feel like I can call myself a country gal 😂

Had you heard of the Naked Farmer before this chat?

I'd heard of the name but had no idea what it was about. I assumed it was probably an immature gimmick tbh (which it kinda is, but in the best possible way Smiley Tongue Smiley Happy)

pretty ! @lokifish okay so my phone is messing up and is barely letting me type Smiley Sad

have you heard of the naked farmer ?

nope !