cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 Aug: Special guest: Olympic gold medalist Libby Trickett

R U OK? Ambassador and Olympic Gold Medalist Libby Trickett knows all about the highs and lows of being ranked among the world's elite & wants to share her perspective on the importance of teammates.

Tonight we're going to hear from Libby, about how to stay focused and not let negative comments from others turn into negative thoughts. We'll hear how she stays positive. We'll also have a group discussion about upcoming R U OK? day and we'll pose the question - who will you ask and how can you tell if a friend needs you to ask them: are you ok? Join us for ReachOut.com and R U OK?'s student forum tonight from 7:30pm!

Libby will be posting a video answering our fav community question as voted by ReachOut.com's Youth Ambassadors. Questions were submitted on Facebook and our wonderful Youth Ambassadors have picked the best one for her to answer in the Online Student Forum right here.

ReachOut.com is the program partner for RUOK? at School. Join us here at 7:30pm (AEST) on August 30th.

See you then!

Photo by Liz Higgs

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Re: 30 Aug: Special guest: Olympic gold medalist Libby Trickett

Good-evenin’ all! Tonight’s our second discussion with our friends over at R U OK?Day!! We’ll hear from Libby Trickett and have a chat about staying positive and challenging negative thinking. Then – thinking about R U OK?Day – we want to hear from you about who will you ask and how can you tell if a friend needs you to ask them: are you ok? 

As always, remember to keep the discussion within the guidelines, and if something comes up that you feel like you need to talk to someone one on one, there are people who can help - just click the Emergency help and info tab up the top of your page. Tonight I'm joined by mischeif managed!!!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

So, to kick things off, remember when we put a call out to all of you on Facebook to ask R U OK? Ambassador and Olympic Gold Medalist Libby Trickett any question you like? Well ReachOut.com’s Youth Ambassadors have voted and the results are in! We asked Libby:

Libby, how do you handle negative comments from people and press and still remain positive??

Highlighted

Awesome! This video is great. Thanks so much for answering our question, Libby! You definitely had some great advice!

Soooo guys, how are we all tonight?? Everyone ready for a great discussion? Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Smiley Happy

I'm doing great! Some of Libby's comments about stopping negative comments from others turning into negative thoughts I could really relate too. Though the negative comments in my life aren't from newspapers or TV!!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

hello, hello! I'm doing great Smiley Happy

No media talking bout me either but most def can relate to people being negative when they don't understand me...

So, asking you guys where does negativity come from in your life and how do you turn the negative into positive?

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Turning negatives into positives is something I've alway struggled with, but the support of friends and family are essential to helping me feel more positive about myself.

Where do the negatives come from? Most often from myself! I'm my biggest critic!!!

Sometimes we turn those negative messages out there in the world into our own thoughts about ourselves. What’s the number 1 tip you’ll take away from Libby’s answer on how to stay positive focused?

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com