Hi all! Smiley Happy

Nice to meet you @AnthonyBisexual! Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Re: Ask A Pro Live: Bi-Visibility

Highlighted

Hey @AnthonyBisexual 

I'm super excited to have you here to chat about all things Bisexuality! Heart 

Before we get started I just wanted to acknowledge that the Bisexual community is very diverse and will have differing opinions on some of the questions that have come through. We want to encourage a respectful and open discussion where anyone who is Bi can share their thoughts. In saying that, we are all really excited to see what you think @AnthonyBisexual about the questions that have come through! 

If anyone finds anything we chat about upsetting tonight we will be posting some Bi resources at the end of the night. Qlife also offers web-chat and telephone service for anyone who feels they need it. 

Highlighted

welcome @AnthonyBisexual and thanks for chatting with us tonight!
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**
Highlighted

It's a pleasure, I always enjoy discussing bisexual community issues and politics with others.

Highlighted

Let's get started! @AnthonyBisexual 

In your words, what is Bisexuality and what do you think the best thing about being Bi is? 

Highlighted

Bisexuality usually refers to people who are emotionally, physically and romantically attracted to your own and other genders. Historically, people used the term to describe the attraction to men and women however, every bisexual I know, including myself use it to describe the attraction to all genders. 

The best thing about being bi, is experiencing intimacy with different genders and how amazing and unique it can be with different people. (Obviously not at the same time, unless you are Poly or non-monogamous). 

Highlighted

great answer @AnthonyBisexual

I consider myself to be bisexual but im wondering if I would still be Bi if im not attracted to Trans males/females?
absolutely nothing against them at all and I have a few friends who are Trans but I don't really ever get attracted to them
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**
Highlighted

It is really up to you to decide how you define yourself and use the term bisexual. Bisexuality or Bi+ can sometimes be used as an umbrella term to refer to people who are multi-gender attracted. Which specific genders you are attracted to is totally up to you and that's fine. People has thought that Bisexual is, by definition, is transphobic but this is definitely not the case. The word 'bisexual' has copped so much criticism which is why some people now use the term 'pansexual'