cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Ask A Pro Live: Creativity

@Ngandabaa thanks so much for sharing! I'm sure we will get into it in more depth, but art is so great for mental health for so many reasons. The mindfulness of creating, the ability to express yourself/ your inner emotions, the collaboration of sharing your art and finding others like you... it's one of the best things! Heart

Highlighted

Definitely has! I am not sure how to tag people in my reply haha.
But yes art really helped it gave a sense of control which I felt I really lacked around that time

Thank you Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Thank you for sharing that @Ngandabaa I'm sorry to hear you had such tough times but it's amazing to hear how you used an art form like painting to connect to yourself and your culture. It's really admirable that you focused on keeping your mind busy and that is has grown into so much more in your life. Which brings me to our next question.. 

How can creativity improve our mental well-being?

Highlighted

Thank you for saying that Bre, creating really saved me. I also accessed Reachout when I was struggling as well, which I believe really helped me gather my thoughts and feelings Smiley Happy

Being creative gives me control, which is something I felt I lacked while struggling with my mental health. It allows us to express our feelings and tell our story.

I have become much more focused and also very appreciative of smaller things, such as clouds in the sky or how green the grass is. I feel that it really grounds me.

It also allows us to also look at things in a different life, it can also give the feeling of accomplishment once you have completed something
Highlighted

I mean light not life haha Smiley Happy
Highlighted

That's really beautiful @Ngandabaa you've made some really important points about how creating something can shift how you feel about yourself and your experiences.

Highlighted

@Ngandabaa  I think it's so wonderful how you've become more connected to nature through your artwork and able to appreciate natural things more. I also like looking at nature and being in nature.

Highlighted

Definitely, it allows you to also feel accomplished once its completed too Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Thank you for sharing that @Ngandabaa - I feel sometimes art and creative expression is underestimated in what it does for us

Highlighted

I love the quotes
"Creativity takes courage" - Henri Matisse
"Art speaks where words are unable to explain"