cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Ask A Pro Live: Creativity

I think for me one of the best uses for creative expression is getting things off my chest that I can't exactly say to people in my life or things I'm still processing internally. It makes it easier to work through heavy things, without having to know exactly what to say. A really interesting question that came through is.. 

How can art represent the things we feel but struggle to put into words?

Highlighted

Amazing quotes @Ngandabaa, I love quotes like that Heart Being creative really does allow you to think more deeply about things. I like writing and I often find myself thinking about how I would write about what's happening around me as I'm experiencing it, or how a character would perceive it. As I mentioned, creativity allows us to be more mindful!

Highlighted

I would suggest

- Adult colouring in books
- Youtube tutorials on basic painting techniques or any other creative avenue
- Scrapbooking, jewellery making, photography, writing etc. Remembering that creativity isn’t just about painting Smiley Happy

I found scrapbooking as a great way to channel my thoughts and feelings and express them onto the pages. Maybe start a yearly scrapbook where you get old photos and create a 2019 scrapbook (for example) Smiley Happy
Highlighted

I really love quotes! So good that you have found a creative way to express what you're thinking Smiley Happy
It definitely allows us to be more mindful!
Highlighted

I really want to start scrapbook/ bullet journalling but I never know where to start! Smiley LOL same with journaling and... everything, really! Even learning an instrument... I'll get there one day? Smiley Tongue

Highlighted

Sorry! Ive put the wrong answer Smiley Happy

My answer to
"How can art represent the things we feel but struggle to put into words?"

I express all my emotions through art, it’s a bit harder now because I am commissioned to do certain artworks.
However, when I can be creative and paint for the fun of it, I use certain symbols within Aboriginal art; such as family and connection/song lines. I use symbols to share stories within my art and allow the audience to connect with it.

Art is very individual, it allows us to see ourselves in it, especially for Aboriginal art because our paintings are based heavily on our story.

If I am having a rough week, I will paint with colours that I am feeling. So, when I feel really anxious, blues really calm me because I think about the ocean. So, I will sit and just paint those colours and focus on every individual movement.

That’s how I express my feelings through art. You can use this method of the colours with anything, it doesn’t need to be painting Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Those sound like perfect ways to get creative, especially when it's not something you feel "good at". Scrap booking memories is so fun! I also love collaging.

Highlighted

@Ngandabaa  @Hozzles  I enjoy writing and scrapbooking too! I've been trying to get more into scrapbooking recently as I used to do a lot of it when I was younger. I've thought about putting all the things I like to look at into an album. I've also been meaning to try colouring in but I haven't had much time.

Highlighted

Starting is always the hardest thing, I suggest doing a draft first Smiley Happy Get a few ideas down on paper

Honestly just start, say "ill try" and just go for it Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Hahaha I'm the same @Hozzles I have so many journals that are empty because I don't know where to start or what to do first.