cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Ask A Pro Live: Creativity

The adult colouring in books are so much fun! But time is what we always need more of Smiley Happy Thats a great idea about the scrapbook with all the things you like Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Definitely feel you that it's hardest to start - that is always my problem! I think I need to be a bit kinder to myself and lower those expectations, especially as it's about feeling not perfection

Highlighted

@Bre-RO - I seriously went to Officeworks the other day meaning to get more journals, then I thought 'hang on, what about all my other empty ones?' Smiley LOL

@Ngandabaa - starting definitely is the hardest part Smiley Sad I agree with you completely @JazzInMay, I'm so hard on myself that it blocks my creativity. 

Highlighted

@Ngandabaa I really love what you've said about seeing yourself in art. It's so special to have time set aside to feel your emotions, find ways to express them and process important stories in your life/ancestry/culture through art. 

@Hozzles hahah I literally have to remind myself I have a full drawer of journals every time I see a pretty one! 

Highlighted

Definitely! Be kind to yourself Smiley Happy Understand that its new to you, you are learning and putting yourself into unfamiliar situations and its okay if it isn't perfect, you're trying which is so awesome Smiley Happy
Highlighted

@Hozzles  I can't find myself committing to designing full bullet journal spreads. What I've been doing is using journaling apps to record photos and how I feel. I've also been using a notebook for some creative things. One of the things I put in it was a chart to record the weather using lots of colours.

Highlighted

Paint GIF

Being kind to yourself is so important when creating but can be a challenge. Moving on to our next question...

Is strong mental health required for having creativity?

Highlighted

Not at all, when I started painting my mental health was extremely low. I used art as a way to re-gain control in my life. It was a way for me to determine my story, to focus on one thing rather than my head being extremely noisy.
I believe the best place to start creating is when you’re feeling low, it’s a great form of therapy
Highlighted

@WheresMySquishy -- that sounds lovely! Yeah, I had a mini mood recording app that I used every day for around two years, I started journalling on my phone at the start of the year, and I tried to start drawing every day... but COVID kinda interfered with that, I just haven't had the energy to do little things anymore! Smiley Sad

Highlighted

@Ngandabaa- absolutely agree, there's a reason different forms of art therapy are used in different contexts! Smiley Happy