cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Ask A Pro Live: Creativity

Music is another great form of therapy! Im always listening to music and have a very broad taste

I would say while I'm painting I'll have some music by Indigenous artists, such as; Archie Roach and Mandawuy Yunpingu. But I'll also have Ed Sheeran, Kane Brown and the "Acoustic Hits" playlist on Apple Music gets used a lot!
Highlighted

Awesome! And I agree, I think all kinds of creative expression can be therapeutic.

Mental Health Art GIF by INTO ACT!ON

Highlighted

@Ngandabaa thankyou so much for the advice! I really struggle with perfectionism, but as you said I can see how finding one part of the piece I am working on that I like could be helpful. There's no such thing as 'perfect'! Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

It's been so nice to have you online with us tonight @Ngandabaa Getting to know more about your art and why you do it has been really uplifting as well. Thank you for making the time to talk about creativity and mental health. 

We have one last question and everyone is welcome to contribute to the answer to this question Smiley Happy 

What are some useful resources we can use to admire art or get creative while staying at home? For example, apps and websites.

Highlighted

Thank you so much for having me, I really enjoyed getting to chat with you all Smiley Happy

Here are a few that you can access Smiley Happy

Websites:
- Art Gallery of New South Wales
- Museum of Contemporary Art
- The Artists Network

Apps:
- Daily Art
- Colourin! Artists Book (ipad only)
- Autodesk Sketchbook

Highlighted

mash up arts GIF

My suggestions would be going on virtual art galleries and museums for inspiration 

Watching old school episodes of Art Attack

Trying out apps from this list of 50 apps for creative minds 

Highlighted

I love looking at artworks, museums and crafts online. One resource I've found is Google Arts and Culture. I also like looking at pictures of nature, so I like websites such as Atlas Obscura too.
There are also other websites where you can share your artwork like DeviantArt. 
I also love websites where you can create your own artwork, such as Silk. I remember I used to love one where you could draw and paint with virtual crayons, pencils and paintbrushes as a kid but I can't find it now.

Highlighted

Heart Love GIF

So glad to hear that @Ngandabaa thanks again for making the time and enjoy the rest of your evening Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

Ahhh so many cool links @WheresMySquishy 

Highlighted

@Bre-RO  I used to love Art Attack as a kid! Thanks for reminding me about it. Smiley Happy

@Ngandabaa  Thank you so much for chatting with us and sharing your story and tips! I've learned so much.