Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Ask A Pro Live: Emotions

and signing off too - rest well all!
Highlighted

Thanks so much for chatting everyone! I really enjoyed hearing everyone's perspectives and quotes Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted

Hey guys I'm so sad I missed this whole thing! Smiley Sad But really interesting to read everyone's comments and get some interesting insights!

@Lost_Space_Explorer5 I totally relate to your feelings of not wanting to have feelings tbh... I have a friend who is very pro-emotion and said that she thought I should embrace my emotions more. Doesn't suit me at all- I prefer not to be feeling much at all, I just want a clear head. except for maybe music or food Smiley Very Happy Super proud of you that you're trying out RO-DBT- I hope it works and feel free to test it out on us anytime!

@Bre-RO Awesome that you have a puppy! My new puppy was sleeping in my lap which why it took me so long to reply after my uni tut finished at 9.

I think the thing that helped me the most was when my psych clarified emotions as being like thoughts.  He pointed out that honouring your emotions doesn't mean throwing yourself in the deep end and crying it out, often it just means to recognise they're there and keep going- like @GuestPsychologist said! Really helped me to just work on riding them out.

Highlighted

@Bre-RO ahhh I missed this one again, unfortunately, but I love this topic and it was fab to read through the dialogue. Next time!