cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Ask A Pro Live: Healthy Relationships November 2019

Ask a Pro Live: Healthy Relationships 

homer simpson love GIF

This month we are continuing our theme of Healthy Relationships with yet another Ask A Pro Live. We'll be lucky enough to be joined by a representative from 1800-RESPECT who will be answering all our questions about boundaries, respect and safety in relationships. 

For those of you who don't know 1800-RESPECT is the national sexual assault, domestic and family violence counselling service. They support: 

• People experiencing, or at risk of experiencing, sexual assault, domestic or family violence
  • Their friends and family
  • Workers and professionals supporting someone experiencing, or at risk of experiencing sexual assault, domestic or family violence

Highlighted

Re: Ask A Pro Live: Healthy Relationships November 2019

Ask a Pro: Live is only 2 days away! I'm going to tag those members who have joined in our healthy relationships and healthy friendships discussions this month Smiley Happy

@Hozzles @Alison5 @Sunflower18 @recharging_introvert @Maddy-RO @WheresMySquishy @xXLexi_Lou122Xx @Bee @TidalDecade 

Check out our community activities calendar here
Highlighted

Tomorrow nights Ask A Pro Live is fast approaching! We know relationships are a discussion topic that comes up a lot in our community and we're so lucky to be joined by Inez from 1800RESPECT who will be answering our questions. Here is a short bio... 

"Inez is the Clinical Engagement Manager for 1800RESPECT, the National support and counselling service for anyone impacted by sexual, domestic or family violence. 

Inez is a social worker who has worked in the areas of sexual assault counselling, homelessness, mental health, disability as well as domestic and family violence.  She is passionate about working with the most vulnerable and marginalised members of the community in designing services that are accessible and available in a time, space and place that suits them" 

We've got almost 24 hours until we close the google form - so if you have some burning questions for Inez send them through Heart 

Highlighted

Hi everyone @inez1800RESPECT and I are getting ready to chat at 7 pm!!

We're talking about Healthy Relationships - so if you have some questions feel free to send some throughout the night.

I'm going to tag some people who might wanna join in tonight Smiley Happy

@Hozzles @Alison5 @Sunflower18 @recharging_introvert @Maddy-RO @WheresMySquishy @xXLexi_Lou122Xx @Bee @TidalDecade 

Highlighted

We're going to kick things off by giving our guest @inez1800RESPECT a warm welcome to the community and getting into our first question. 

Tell us a little more about yourself and the work you do at 1800RESPECT?

Highlighted

hey hey!  thanks so much for inviting me to join the forum Smiley Happy.  I think you have a bit of a bio about me so I might just add to that.  I work with the counselling team at 1800RESPECT - where anyone can call or webchat about anything to do with sexual violence, domestic or family violence.  Could be for yourself or someone you're worried about (a friend or family member).  I've been with 1800RESPECT for 3 years.  Part of my role involves travelling around the country and meeting with people and services to see how we can improve what we do.  It's a pretty ace job!  I live in Perth and spend a great deal of my non-work time in the sea... and this is my first time on this forum so bare with me while I figure out where all the emojis are!

Highlighted

Hi @inez1800RESPECT! Thank you for joining us tonight. Smiley Happy

That sounds like such an interesting job! Smiley Happy

Highlighted

it is.... of course any work like this takes it's toll.  it's always important for me to have good friendships inside and outside of work and to have things i'm interested in apart from work so I don't constantly think about it.  I think that's probably true of any kind of work we do!

Highlighted

Hey @inez1800RESPECT Thank you so much for taking the time to speak with us about such an important topic. Also, thank you for doing such an important job in the community - I know that a lot of people benefit incredibly from the work being done at 1800RESPECT. 

It sounds like self-care is an important thing for you to incorporate into your life so that you can do what you do!

What would you say is one of the most positive outcomes you've seen in visiting the services you do? 

Highlighted

Hey @inez1800RESPECT (and everyone else)! So excited for tonight! 😁 That's definitely true, it's a lot better to maintain a life-work balance and maintain a level of self care -- especially in jobs with emotional tolls!