cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Ask A Pro Live: Opening Up To Parents

Thank you so much to everyone who has participated in this chat tonight! @WheresMySquishy @Hozzles @Lost_Space_Explorer5 Heart

And a MASSIVE Thank you to @Janine-RO for being our very PRO Pro for tonight! I have really enjoyed this and learned so much, you've shared so much incredible knowledge and wisdom.

It's really been a privilege and a honor to learn from everyone tonight Cat Happy

Just a reminder that if this chat brings up anything distressing for you that there is support that you can get right now - 

You can call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 or use their webchat and email services found on their respective sites. The links can be found here.

Good night everyone and thanks for a really informative discussion on big feels and those that care for us Heart

Mothers Day Love GIF by Stefanie Shank

Highlighted

Bill Murray Thank You GIF by filmeditor - Find & Share on GIPHY

Thank you all so much, it has been really awesome to be able to chat about this stuff. I learn so much every day being a part of this community. 

@Hannah-RO  thanks for doing such a fantastic job moderating, and your animal GIF game was exceptional!! 

Bird hamster dog GIF on GIFER - by Dougul

Check out our community activities calendar for August 2020 here
Highlighted

Such a wonderful chat! Thank you so much @Janine-ROHeart and of course, everyone else who participated tonight! Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

I love the ideas of writing letters too! And the fact there's no pressure to talk out loud about stuff if your daughter doesn't want to @Janine-RO- that's an awesome idea!

This was a great chat tonight guys! It gave me some perspective of a parent's/caregiver's point of view Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Thanks so much for this chat @Hannah-RO  @Janine-RO! I've learned so much from everyone's insights. Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Just wanted to quickly jump off @Lost_Space_Explorer5 and say I love the letter writing idea too, as I said earlier I used to text my mum (and still do), I remember sometimes putting things like 'reply to this in chat, not out loud'. It can just be so much easier, whether it's allowing time to think (so not acting on immediate emotions), or the weight of the conversation not being so intense... it's just a nice alternative!

Highlighted

Oh totally @Hozzles @Lost_Space_Explorer5 , it's amazing what  difference it makes, I actually can't remember where I first heard about the idea (I think I read it somewhere), but it really helps so much with those tough conversations. 

I'm logging off now but just wanted to say thanks again, it has been really lovely chatting with you all! 

Check out our community activities calendar for August 2020 here
Highlighted

I'm so bummed I missed this conversation!! I'm always missing the live chats 🙃

But thankyou so much for running it @Janine-RO and @Hannah-RO. I've just been reading through it all cause I've actually been thinking about opening up to my parents recently so this has been a great insight into some awesome tips! 

Thank you so much for sharing it! You guys are awesome! ❤

Highlighted

No worries @MB95 - there is always next time! Smiley Very Happy

There are heaps of great tips in here, hope you find them helpful Heart

Highlighted

@Hannah-RO @Janine-RO  what a lovely chat! I was actually online last night but just double booked with another uni seminar, sigh! This chat was so lovely to read back through, it's nice to hear about the forum community a bit more too and how REachout sits in the wider context of our lives. Good job everyone!