cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [GUEST] Q&A with Andrew Morley (Home & Away)

There is so much pressure put on year 12, yet all our #thereslifeafter videos kinda said it ain’t all that. Where does all this pressure come from?

Hey everyone!

Ahh, pressure! For me it came from so many places. 

1. My school - My school wanted its students to do well. We focused really hard to exams, how to study for them and how to succeed. It was however a very nurturing school and did so much for its students. I love it to bits.

2. My friends - We were quite a competitive bunch, and we always wanted to do well.

3. My family - My parents were paying for me to go to a private school. So I felt the pressure to do well, even though I know they tried their hardest to not pressure me.

4. MYSELF! - This one is the kicker. I put so much pressure on myself to be 'perfect' and to succeed. It really wasn't worth the mental toll that it took on me.

My question for Andrew: I hear you have a gorgeous dog that you love - what's his name, what breed is he, how long have you had him and what is his favourite activity?

Highlighted

Hi delicatedreamer! So true, if only schools were better at teaching about mental health to stress less!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Highlighted

@safari93 nothing wrong with being keen to answer questions! Smiley Tongue

Highlighted

I agree with you @safari93, the way it is spoken about it's like this (finishing year 12) is the one chance you have to determine the whole future of your life, which is so scary, but so not true. I didn't figure out what I wanted to do until after school either!
Highlighted

hey everyone and @AndrewMorley 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
Highlighted

Hi delicatedreamer!
Highlighted

Hey @AndrewMorley ,welcome!

Highlighted

@delicatedreamer Yeah I agree with that too, my school definitely made it out to be the be all and end all

Highlighted

I didn't even finish year 12 and I'm not doing so bad!

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
Highlighted

Thanks for your question florenceforever - I'll be answering that one in the live video, later!