cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [HAVE YOUR SAY] Technology for your health

You can promote what the service offers and events offered for young people. I think having a general page as well as location specific pages would work really well."

 

this is a really interesting suggestions because one of the things we have been wondering is should all youth health services:

-      Have their own website? or

-      Have one website per district? or

-      Have one website for the whole state?

 

It sounds like you are suggesting having a general website for young people (for all NSW???) to point them to all the great resources out there and have a subpage for an individual service?

 

PS. Sorry I haven't worked out how to quote previous discussions properly yet!!

Re: [HAVE YOUR SAY] Technology for your health

Whilst I don't have an answer for you just yet @Fiona Robards, you can quote a post by clicking on the reply button directly below the post that you wish to quote. Then on the reply page, in the top right hand corner of the text box, you can press on the 'quote' button. 


My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Re: [HAVE YOUR SAY] Technology for your health


@stonepixie wrote:

Whilst I don't have an answer for you just yet @Fiona Robards, you can quote a post by clicking on the reply button directly below the post that you wish to quote. Then on the reply page, in the top right hand corner of the text box, you can press on the 'quote' button. 


yay I did it!! thanks @stonepixie 

Re: [HAVE YOUR SAY] Technology for your health

New question:

 

Currently there is a Government website for young people: http://youth.nsw.gov.au/

 

What is useful or not about a government website like this one?

 

Would you use a website like this one?  

Re: [HAVE YOUR SAY] Technology for your health


Fiona Robards wrote:

 

this is a really interesting suggestions because one of the things we have been wondering is should all youth health services:

-      Have their own website? or

-      Have one website per district? or

-      Have one website for the whole state?

 

It sounds like you are suggesting having a general website for young people (for all NSW???) to point them to all the great resources out there and have a subpage for an individual service?

 


@Fiona Robards I guess the thing with some social media is that unless it's maintained it can get lost in the web and be forgotten about. Linking to your comment about whether there should be a website for all of NSW for youth services, or district or one each; Maybe a NSW facebook page could be set up and have listed each area, and have it purely about youth services and be a whole responsibility to keep up, that may ease the work for each service. The other thing is they could be posting up to date info for youth on various issues, or whatever is in the media relating to youth.
The same could be done with a website. Have one overall website, but then have a drop down to each district which then could link you to each individual service?


Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Re: [HAVE YOUR SAY] Technology for your health


@Fiona Robards wrote:

 

I wonder, when you search for services online, would you ever look up a service directory? For example, there is on in the Northern Sydney called YouthSource which is an app and a website http://youthsource.com.au/. There is also a National App and website called the National Health Directory http://www.nhsd.com.au/. Would you ever use these? Or are young people more likely to look at websites?


I think if young people knew about these directories, they would be more likely to use them, but I personally prefer websites. So it is definitely a preferential thing.


My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Re: [HAVE YOUR SAY] Technology for your health


sera h wrote:

I take on ur point about tumblr - are their other blogging platforms or communities that u think might be useful for us to look into? 


There are many different blogging platforms, but the only one that I know has a strong youth presence on it is tumblr. Perhaps you can looked at the search words that are targeted towards google search. Having the right terms will produce more traffic, but I guess the main problem is that people don't know that there are youth specific services out there.


My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Re: [HAVE YOUR SAY] Technology for your health


@Fiona Robards wrote:

You can promote what the service offers and events offered for young people. I think having a general page as well as location specific pages would work really well."

 

this is a really interesting suggestions because one of the things we have been wondering is should all youth health services:

-      Have their own website? or

-      Have one website per district? or

-      Have one website for the whole state?

 

It sounds like you are suggesting having a general website for young people (for all NSW???) to point them to all the great resources out there and have a subpage for an individual service?


Pretty much what you mentioned last.

 

It would be great to have just a general website for all of NSW, but then have subpages for the individual services or just the district and then the services be a sub-page of that. 

 

That way people don't get a false impression of a service being available in their area when it actually isn't.


My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Re: [HAVE YOUR SAY] Technology for your health


@Fiona Robards wrote:

New question:

 

Currently there is a Government website for young people: http://youth.nsw.gov.au/

 

What is useful or not about a government website like this one?

 

Would you use a website like this one?  


I seem to have missed this one @Fiona Robards 

I didn't even know this site existed! So I've just had a really quick skim over a couple of pages on it.

It does have some good info under the few topics I clicked through under the information tab. IT's a simple but effective layout which makes a lot of sense and makes it easy to interpret.

 

I do think I'd used this website a bit, it's got some organisations I've not heard of which I wish I had already! I think it could link to services in each individual area, like what was being suggested above in various comments. Literally making it a one stop stop for info or links to other sites...


Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Re: [HAVE YOUR SAY] Technology for your health

Question 1

1. ReachOut.com website

2. My HeadSpace app

3. Time magazine health section

4. Huffpost Women health section 

5. Smiling Mind app

I access ReachOut.com when I'm struggling with something, and I use the meditation apps (particularly My HeadSpace) daily; I read the health sections of Huffpost Women and TIme a few times a week. 

 

Question 2

I look for information about food, relaxation techniques and social psychology generally. I don't look for things specifically so much as browse for information. I can usually find what I'm looking for in the rare case I want specific information. 

 

Question 3

I would google bulk billing practices in my area or around my university, then book an appointment. Or I would go through my university's counselling program, and then go to Headspace. 

 

Question 4

I like the look and feel of my sister's counselling service. It's colourful and fun, with comfortable couches, cute cushions, wall art, relevant books, and it's spacious with lots of natural light. It feels inviting and non-threatening. Websites are important. 

 

Question 5

I have heard of Headspace Camperdown but haven't actually used it. I found out about it through a friend who was using the service. 

 

Question 6

I use youth health service websites with information, interesting articles- and if a site had 'baby step' style tips to improve mental health, I would definitely use it. Apps are also really useful and accessible- for me personally, meditation apps are especially useful. 

 

Question 7

Definitely- through facebook, twitter and instagram. Fun suggested posts on facebook appeal to me. 

 

Question 8

Getting the word out there- the information online is great, but a lot of young people don't know what's there- so spending money on advertising online health services