cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Happy & healthy relationships

I am interested in anyones thoughts on this?
If a partner is consistently or regularly controlling where you go, who you’re with and what you wear, what key ingredient of a healthy relationship could be missing?

Fosterthepeeps: that's a good way to describe it! "stops you from being you"

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Great responses guys! Lots of things I hadn't thought of Smiley Happy

If a partner is consistently or regularly controlling where you go, who you’re with and what you wear, what key ingredient of a healthy relationship could be missing?

Respect (i.e. for you as an individual)

Check out this video on YouTube if you have a chance: Love Control -

it goes for just under 5 mins and demonstrates the warning signs of an abusive relationship, notice the types of abuse that are happening in this relationship, it isn’t just Physical abuse, there is emotional, financial and social abuse too.
These types of abuse happen in same-sex relationships too.

I think trust and communication 

Hello all, and sorry for the blank comment i think I managed to post a minute ago. Not to blow my own horn, but I think myself and my partner have a very healthy relationship, while we live together we spend time with our own friends and doing our own things. I haven't ever experienced what I would consider a controlling relationship though alarm bells would ring for me if my partner was forcefully encouraging me to do something different to what I wanted or what we had discussed... Interested to read other people's thoughts Smiley Happy

Yea I think trust

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Completely agree DD and I think some trust also would be missing. A partner should have trust in you, if they are suspicious then they shouldn't be in a relationship or that particular relationship if they have no trust. Respect is the most important ingredient I believe.

Welcome Learn to Fly great to have your input and Thanks for joining us Smiley Happy