cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Happy & healthy relationships

Hi DD! ohh what is IKYMIM???? Yes - not getting so dependent on each other is an important one.. doing everything together is not always a good thing

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

These are great thoughts on healthy relationships so far..
Here is the next question:

Jealousy is a common issue in many relationships. Lots of people think a little bit of jealousy just means they love you - do you agree?

@Sophie: Hey! It's 'if you know what I mean' - I actually mispelled it (if it's possible to mispell an acronym haha) it should've been IYKWIM. Smiley Happy

Jealousy is a common issue in many relationships. Lots of people think a little bit of jealousy just means they love you - do you agree?

I agree to some extent, I'm a bit jealous and so is my boyfriend, I think its human to feel that way but there is a limit and I think if not dealt with it can grow and make things so much worse and escalate to something bigger and more destructive. 

@HayleyRPC wrote:

I used to think so! It wasn't until I realised that actually sometimes jealousy is actually possessiveness... And if it is happening early on in a relationship it can be a bit of warning sign of worse behaviour to come... what do you think Hayley about jealousy?

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

It can be normal for people to feel jealous of other’s at times or of their partner, I guess it's to when it has gone to far or when it hurt's the other person and becomes abusive.

Hi !

O00o0o0o0o0oo that's a hard one Smiley Happy

Um... Yeah I think a little bit of jealousy is okay from time to time but in the long run it could be pretty damaging and not very healthy. Trust is such an important aspect in a relationship. Being comfortable enough to be able to trust someone is a pretty big step so when it's violated that could really hurt a relationship. But yeah, back to a little bit of jealousy ... I think a little is alright.

That's an interesting question Hayley... I don't think jealousy means someone loves you, I think it means that the person is insecure. I've never been in a relationship so I don't feel all that authorised to speak on the topic, but I do think some level of jealousy is probably normal in a relationship, but I think it should be fairly fleeting and not a massive issue.

Welcome FTP Smiley Happy Thanks for joining us and we are glad to have you 

Hi foster the peeps! yes that's true - if someone is a bit jealous but there are no other signs going on, it might be OK.... I think it's still something to take notice of - in the context of everything else that's going on in your relationship....

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com