cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: INFOBUS August 30th 2018: Getting to know the ReachOut Online Community Team with Gina!

Q: This is a simple one: Fav Song?

Re: INFOBUS August 30th 2018: Getting to know the ReachOut Online Community Team with Gina!

food is so delicious!! that must have been an amazing job before Reach Out 😮 @gina-RO

That's some really important and supportive roles you have held before coming to ReachOut. I love that you mentioned the incredible people you have met in those roles.

I can imagine that looking after yourself in those roles would have been really important. Which leads us to our next question: 

3. What do you do for self-care?

Check out our community activities calendar for October 2019 here

@annabethxchase me too!!! Such great activity choices Smiley Very Happy

Fav song ... how is that an easy question??? Haha - that is very hard for me to answer because my music taste is quite diverse and I love a lot of different music! 
One of my fav songs at the moment to listen to is Grown woman, by Beyonce because it makes me feel so good about life!  I also love Childish Cambino, and Rufus! 

@litgym . food is the funnest! 

Love that question @annabethxchase Smiley Happy

Awesome taste in music @gina-RO

@Jess1-RO That is by far the best thing about doing this work - it is such a privilege to meet these people that I would have otherwise never met - and they each teach me something new. It's incredible. 

But you're absolutely right that it can be incredibly challenging and painful work at times - it is so important to always look after yourself when you are supporting others. 

There's a lot of things that i do for self-care, but it's definitely something that i have to continually remind myself of, and am always working to get better at!
Exercise is a big one  - regular exercise has to be part of my schedule for me to stay sane! 
I spend time journalling and writing lists! 
I love  burning incense and candles, and reading! 

I love listening to music. 
I also love spending time with my friends - going out for dinner with them, going to gigs and music festivals and connecting with people is a big one for me. 
I also make sure to slow down, and to get enough sleep. That's important. 

Q: Other than current career, Is there any other job you would enjoy/like to try? 

@gina-ROit's only been in the past year I have gotten really into journaling and I don't put pressure on myself to journal at a certain time, if I feel inspired then I just write it all out and don't over think it all Smiley Happy 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!

Great question @annabethxchase

For most of my childhood, and teenage-hood, I wanted to be a writer. 
I love writing poetry, and short stories, and for a short-while at Uni, entertained the idea of becoming a journalist/ film maker. It is still something I would like to pursue at some point in my life! 
I still write poetry, and the occasional short story Smiley Very Happy
If skill and time were no object..I would love to be a DJ/ music producer! 

So true @gina-RO that self care is something you can practice and continually work at to find what works for you Smiley Happy sounds like you have an amazing self care routine that is really whole-of-wellness-focused!