cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: INFOBUS August 30th 2018: Getting to know the ReachOut Online Community Team with Gina!

@Jess1-RO i very much agree with you!
i love that part too @gina-RO Heart
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Re: INFOBUS August 30th 2018: Getting to know the ReachOut Online Community Team with Gina!

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I FORGOT I HAD AN ASSIGNMENT IM SORRYYYYY

@Bee . I'm going to have to watch more of Brooklyn nine nine .. Don't be alarmed, but I haven't watched more than 1 episode... but I'll get on it!!

Thanks @Jess1-RO ! Another good question Smiley Happy 

How does your personal experience impact your work?

Every single one of us has a story, and has things that we have struggled with or continue to. I am no different! I have experienced my little share of human emotion, difficulty and struggle - and it all impacts on my work.
My hope is that it impacts in a positive way - that it allows me to be more compassionate, and understanding - and to remain open to all the different ways that people experience life.
I have a complex chronic illness that I was diagnosed with when I was 8, that has been a big challenge to live with, but has taught me a lot about my own resilience. I have also experienced mental ill-health. I have learnt a lot about resilience, coping, and continuing in the face of struggle, from the many people I have met through my work as a mental health practitioner.

@blobby no worries at all!! 

Hope you got it done! 

If there's anything you want to ask, it's not too late Smiley Happy 

that’s so inspirationalSmiley Happy @gina-RO

Thank you so much @gina-RO for talking to us about your experiences- it's really powerful! Heart That compassion, understanding and resilience you have spoken about from your experiences really shines through in the posts you make on the forums and in your work with ReachOut!

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2019 here

Let's see if we can get one or two more questions in before we wrap up Smiley Happy

Are you an early bird, night owl or permanently exhausted pigeon?

Love this @gina-RO "I've learnt to trust myself, to believe in myself, and to look after myself. The relationship you have with yourself is the most important one in life to nourish, and work hard to develop. "

OMG! Yes we should bring in Animal AMA! Smiley Very Happy

HOW COULD YOU HAVE ONLY WATCHED ONE EPISODE!? Smiley Surprised
I guess you've been pretty busy watching other shows... Smiley Tongue

Oh you strong woman! I think that your story has impacted your work in a positive way! You are definitely Compassionate and understanding! GO YOU! Talk about role Model!

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

And,

What is your fav book?

Oo less than 10 mins left!! Ill be quick! 

Are you an early bird, night owl or permanently exhausted pigeon?

That pigeon metaphor is really speaking to me.. I definitely go through stages of being an exhausted pigeon! I have been both sides of the spectrum, but I think my natural rhythm is definitely more of a night owl. I can stay up quite late, and I feel my energy and motivation peak around 6pm and into the eve!