cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: INFOBUS: Eating Disorders & Body Image

Here are some other resources for you guys to look at :

If you want to get more details on what we've discussed tonight Butterfly Foundation is a great organisation that does some amazing work in the field of eating disoders. 

Here's a link to their website - Butterfly Foundation 

You can also call them FREE on - 1800 334 673 (Mon-Fri 8am-9pm)

Or email them at - support@thebutterflyfoundation.org.au

Another great website you might want to look at is the National Eating Disorder Collaboration (NEDC). It's a very extensive site and gives great information, links and further resources in the area of Eating Disoders. 

Also ReachOut have a few factsheets which you might want to have a look at 

And here are some very inspiring stories that are a great read

BIG thank you to Danni for being here tonight! It's been a great discussion. 

Thanks for a great discussion tonight guys! and thanks Danni for adding your insights and experience! Smiley Happy (as well as everyone else! Everyone has been so amazing!).

See you round. Smiley Happy

Wow, I can't believe it's after 10:30 already! Tonight has been so fantastic and so many great perspectives and ideas... One thing i am going to do this week to boost my positive thoughts about food and my body is to actively think positively about bodies of all shapes and sizes and I find when i have positive thoughts about other peoples bodies - i have better thoughts about my own.

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

When it comes to doing something practical, it can be a bit confronting initially when we really become aware of how we speak about food and to our body. If we don't challenge the negative things we are doing (ie body bullying, using food to punish or reward ourselves, being critical or comparing our bodies to others, not accepting compliments graciously) we are always going to feel the same.  At Butterfly, we like to encourage people to become Champions for Change with this issue - so many people are all over the negative stuff when it comes to body image and food and exercise... How refreshing is it to see someone is kind and positive about themselves and their appearance?  And it can be all of us!

Thank you for having me.  I'm so impressed with how positive and supportive everyone has been!!!  Amazing Smiley Happy

Thanks to everyone who contributed tonight - thanks to you Danni for coming a long and having a chat!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

If anyone has any feedback about tonight, we'd love you to fill in our short evaluation form http://romods.wufoo.com/forms/r7x2z1/

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com